Camp Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well I am coming down to Camp Perry next month to shoot in the National Matches.

Any good suggestions for Freqs / Talk Groups to program into my shiny new 996t?

kyguy

No suggestions on freqs.(I'm not in that area!) Just a comment to you; GOOD LUCK in the Nationals !!!

kyguy said:
No suggestions on freqs.(I'm not in that area!) Just a comment to you; GOOD LUCK in the Nationals !!!

Thanks! I am going to upload the Ohio Marcs system and set that to search mode.

Well 6 years in the Marines taught me to shoot and with the matches I shot in this year it seems that I have not forgotten all of it (just the important stuff). Have a real nice M1 Garand for that match and a pretty decent 1903-A3 as well.

best thing about it is getting to shoot with my dad in the nationals. Hopefully one day my son and I will do the same.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
newbie said:
Thanks! I am going to upload the Ohio Marcs system and set that to search mode.

Well 6 years in the Marines taught me to shoot and with the matches I shot in this year it seems that I have not forgotten all of it (just the important stuff). Have a real nice M1 Garand for that match and a pretty decent 1903-A3 as well.

best thing about it is getting to shoot with my dad in the nationals. Hopefully one day my son and I will do the same.
As far as I know Camp Perry has never been heard on MARCS. I doubt whether they would have a MARCS radio.

I have several frequencies for Camp Perry that I have not seen logged in many years.
Whether these are still good I don't know. Punch them in and let us know if you catch them active while you are there.

Also they give firing range warnings when firing into the warning operation area on the lake on Marine Channel 16 156.800. Also listen to the USCG on Ch. 22A 157.1000 forany firing schedules/warnings.

I stayed in Camp Perry about 10 years ago while up for a weekend of walleye fishing,
I haven't made it back since so I don't know how much its changed.

Good luck with the Nationals!

I'll check those out and lt you know.

Did not think they were on MARCS just was going to use that for the trip down. I will have the 996 in the room and a friend will have ethe 396 while out and about. Should be a fun time.

scanning and shooting. what a great few days!

mmartinfan

Banned
I was just there last week (I picked up an M1 Garand) (BTW I'm a C&R collector) Plug into the Ottawa County EDACS system its pretty good there. Don't forget to input the VHF & and UHF stuff for Ottawa Cnty also.

I did not hear any traffic on Camp Perry radio's but it was not exactly busy last week.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
kc8rak said:
Maybe try some of those "intra squad radios" in the miltary band. There posted on line,i just dont remember where.
John

Excellent idea, I forgot those. Those might be active there.

STiMULi said:
Be careful in Camp Perry. They are awfully paranoid there :)

LOL you would think... but I was out in the San Diego area last year and went by Camp Pendleton. Stopped off at the Guard shack and stated I used to be stationed here at camp xxxx. Just want to drive through the areas and see how much has changed. Quick look over the vehicle and it was have a nice time.

mmartinfan,

My dad is a C&R as well. I have debated back and forth about sending in my app. I have it all ready. Just don't know about keeping that bound book for 20 (or is it 10) years after I give up the license.

Last time I was there I about walked out with out picking another M1 up. They brought out a few more and I found one with less than 2 on the throat and muzzle in the "field" grade rack. Man that one shoots sweet!

mmartinfan

Banned
Bound Books no longer need to be kept after your C&R license expire (if you let it expire) My 1903 and my M1 are the best C&R stuff but my (2) K31 Swiss rifles are very nice also.

Camp Perry is nice but highly doubt you will get shot there. Now Camp Peary is cool more likely you will get shot there.

mmartinfan said:
Bound Books no longer need to be kept after your C&R license expire (if you let it expire) My 1903 and my M1 are the best C&R stuff but my (2) K31 Swiss rifles are very nice also.

Camp Perry is nice but highly doubt you will get shot there. Now Camp Peary is cool more likely you will get shot there.

http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/curios/intro.htm

§ 178.129 Record Retention (e) Records of dealers and collectors under the Act. The records prepared by licensed dealers and licensed collectors under the Act of the sale or other disposition of firearms and the corresponding record of receipt of such firearms shall be retained through December 15, 1988, after which records of transactions over 20 years of age may be discarded.

Well GMRS radios were all over the place but a few Freq's were close called

463.4125 Range Control
468.7875 MP's

And I can't mnake sense fo this but there was range traffic and support talk on this
4132.41-08301.21

Seems more like an I-call id.

Captured with my 996t in the truck.

Shooting was good and a great time was had by my group.

Status
Not open for further replies.