Can a Favorite list be created without using RR database ??

rbluesky

Hello
Can anyone tell me if you can create a Favorite list WITHOUT using the Radio reference database on the internal SD card IN other
words can you create a favorite list from scratch? not USING the RR database at all ? specifically for the Uniden BCD436HP
more Questions to follow if there NOT redacted !
Thanks for your help and information
Ron

RT48

I manually created a favorites list in Sentinel for a new trunking system which was not in the RR database a couple years ago using whatever version of Sentinel was available at that time and whatever version of firmware was current at that time on my 436.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Hello
Can anyone tell me if you can create a Favorite list WITHOUT using the Radio reference database on the internal SD card IN other
words can you create a favorite list from scratch? not USING the RR database at all ? specifically for the Uniden BCD436HP
more Questions to follow if there NOT redacted !
Thanks for your help and information
Ron
Yes, it's my only way I program. No special version of Sentinel needed to use. I frequently link this You Tube video as a guide, and my method is almost identical:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Could I get the version of the Sentinel software your using ? and your version of your firmware? in the radio,
Is your radio a bcd436HP? thanks

You can download the latest version of the Sentinel software for the BCD436HP (version 2.05.03) from this Uniden link:

Once you have Sentinel installed on your PC, follow the instructions on page 16 of your BCD436HP owners manual to update your firmware and database in the scanner. Then you can use the Sentinel "Favorites List Editor" to create your own favorites list from scratch.

Once you have your favorites list created in Sentinel's Favorites List Editor, go to the Sentinel "Profile Editor" and on the "Scan Selection" tab there, be sure your new favorites list is set to "ON" for both download and monitor. If you only want to monitor your new favorites list and nothing else, be sure both the "Monitor Full Database" and "Monitor Search with Scan" options there are un-checked. Then write your new favorites list from Sentinel to your scanner.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Hello
words can you create a favorite list from scratch?
Yes but it can get quite tedious, particularly if you're programming a large trunked radio system. Not as big of a deal programming conventional objects by hand or via Sentinel

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Yes but it can get quite tedious, particularly if you're programming a large trunked radio system. Not as big of a deal programming conventional objects by hand or via Sentinel
Nah, not that bad, but you do have to sit down and learn how to do it. The video is a good guide for someone who is interested in exploring another way to enjoy these scanners.

rbluesky

Yes, it's my only way I program. No special version of Sentinel needed to use. I frequently link this You Tube video as a guide, and my method is almost identical:

Yeah I have watch this a few times and when i go to upload NO change in the radio ? Latest Firmware installed, Newest Sentinel BCD436HP BRAND NEW so I was told! I have a BCD996P2 no problem with free scan software. And yes Qkey set and yes Monitor ON Download ON NO change in the scanner.
I have a Motorola XTS5000 UHF NO issues to programming that radio not easy but it works great with 5 Zones analog/ P25 (Astro)
Is there any other software for these scanners ? BCD436HP, SDS100 SDS200

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I have watch this a few times and when i go to upload NO change in the radio ? Latest Firmware installed, Newest Sentinel BCD436HP BRAND NEW so I was told! I have a BCD996P2 no problem with free scan software. And yes Qkey set and yes Monitor ON Download ON NO change in the scanner.
I have a Motorola XTS5000 UHF NO issues to programming that radio not easy but it works great with 5 Zones analog/ P25 (Astro)
Is there any other software for these scanners ? BCD436HP, SDS100 SDS200
If you properly programmed a Favorite List, Quick Keys, Monitor/Download set to ON, Service Types are common errors made. Creating a System for each Trunking System, creating a Department are some of the many things that come to mind. But, if you're happy with what you have, stick with it. I responded to the question you asked and yes it can be done. It would sound like some of the steps are missing without me seeing your programming.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Looking at some of the OP's previous posts, I'd say the answer to the question would be NO. It would be a try and stupid question, rinse, repeat, again and again.
Sure it's doable, conventional is easy to do via the scanner's keyboard. P25, not that bat. For most of the other digital modes I have to check my notes., but I know where the notes are :)

Remember - the question was "Can I ..." , I honestly question your ability to successfully do so. Just asking the question makes me question the OP's ability. Feel free to prove me wrong.

rbluesky

Looking at some of the OP's previous posts, I'd say the answer to the question would be NO. It would be a try and stupid question, rinse, repeat, again and again.
Sure it's doable, conventional is easy to do via the scanner's keyboard. P25, not that bat. For most of the other digital modes I have to check my notes., but I know where the notes are :)

Remember - the question was "Can I ..." , I honestly question your ability to successfully do so. Just asking the question makes me question the OP's ability. Feel free to prove me wrong.
OK Please watch the YOUTUBE video Hawkeye626 creating a favorite list in the BCD436HP Yes I followed this to the letter and uploaded TO the scanner NO change in the display

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
OK Please watch the YOUTUBE video Hawkeye626 creating a favorite list in the BCD436HP Yes I followed this to the letter and uploaded TO the scanner NO change in the display
Clarify what you are referring to, when you state "no change in display". Are you getting a 'Nothing to scan' error message? Or, when you try to scan, very little activity shows up.

Some of the most common problems, where a newly created Favorites list does not seem to be scanned are using location control, without making sure the sites, departments, and systems have the required GPS data included. Also common is not updating the location entered (in Sentinel) to your actual location, Another common misstep is not enabling the service types included on the list. If you are using Quick Keys, be sure that those keys are enabled.

You can export your Favorites list into an *.hpe file (that is under the drop-down File menu). Save the exported file with a name, as well as a location, that you can get back to.

In Windows File Manager, <right><click> on your exported file & using the pop-up menu, 'send' it to a compressed zip file. Once you have the zip file, then you can attach it to a post and someone can look at it and see what needs to be corrected.