Can anybody recomment a Crystal house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountritter

Can anybody that has worked on old radios recently, point me to a crystal manufacturer that can cut crystals for 2 older type radios?

One is the old Harmon "4R series railroad radio", which had modular and removable transmitter (33 TS-1) and receiver (28RS-1) modules. They each have removable "channel elements" that have a small circuit board inside. My application is to use the receiver modules and make a web MP3 streamer that will take two railroad channels and broadcast the content in stereo over "Shoutcast" or "Radio Reference" web streaming.

An alternative to the Harmon I have available would be to use an old Motorola "Railroad Mitrek", which has a similar arrangement with channel elements.

Can anybody point me to a source for re-crystalling these types of channel elements?

Thanks in advance.
73, Allan

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
have you checked with bomar or crystronics? it's been a while since i ordered any crystals but either of these usually can do it.

W2NJS

I've used Bomar on several occasions over the years and they always did fine for me. I don't know if they still offer the option where the longer you can wait, in weeks, for delivery the lower the price goes. Not by a whole lot but it's still less expensive than "rush" delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.