Can anyone make up an AOR CR-5000 cable ?? anyone ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dg_w

Is there any clever person that could make a mini din cable like the AOR CR-5000 for my AOR 8600Mk2 ?
I only need the audio out, so I can connect the 8600Mk2 to my soundcard for decoding of ACARS

Happy to pay via pay pall etc.? Feel free to contact me directly dgwooldridge@googlemail.com

Many thanks

dkf435

Which pins do you need not sure on the AR8600 and on the AR5000 there is
detector out
low level audio
high level audio
recorder control

also depending on model either 12v or 5v very low current

I will dig out my CR-5000 and check the pins.
Think I have some plugs for the ACC jack around here.

David Kb7uns

Last edited:

morfis

Why do you need a special cable? For ACARS all you need is the normal headphone output fed to your soundcard.

dg_w

Thank you

Thank you David, I will dig out the manual, much appreciated if you can do anything thank you. I am guessing (have not looked yet) that it will be recorder audio out,, I will check if there's anything online

Morfis. The cable is from the rear on the receiver, from a mini din. With the cable in place the audio out is squelch controlled and does not effect the usual audio from the receiver, if a head phone socket is used, it mutes the usual audio

dkf435

Just checked my CR-5000 and the audio is from the low audio (pin 7) to tip and ground (pin 8 ) to ring with the 3/32 recorder control (pins 4&5).

I have a cord that was made up years ago for the detector out with the tip (pin 2) and ground (pin 8) that I use with my Opto DC440 tone decoders..

I did not know that the CR-5000 is no longer available, if you need one I could make one up or just the audio out since you do not need record.

David Kb7uns

dg_w

Not sure if I put in the mail.. The radio is AOR 8600Mk2 and yep its just the high audio out from the Mini Din I need. Its pin 6 (from the user manual) to a 3.5mm mono jack plug to connect to the line in on a PC

Thank you

dkf435

The CR-5000 recording cable is

LOW AUDIO from Pins 7 and 8.for audio
Pins 5 and 4 for RECORDER CONTOL.

So tell me what you want for sure, if not maybe make one up with both connections, I have seen computers with both LINE in and MIC in.

David

dg_w

I imagine we go with the Cr 5000 as that's the supported cable... I am not worried about recorder control, unless that's a squelch operated audio? I have line and mic in, though would be using the line in,

Happy to go,with one of each?

dkf435

I imagine we go with the Cr 5000 as that's the supported cable... I am not worried about recorder control, unless that's a squelch operated audio? I have line and mic in, though would be using the line in,

Happy to go,with one of each?

To really confuse you there is a way I could have several on the same cable.

David Kb7uns

dg_w

Now you have confused me yep :) I am happy to go with what ever you feel will work, let me know the cost + postage.,. if that does not work we can look at something different? The pin outs for the mini din on the rear of the receiver are diagrammed and labelled in the user manual on the AOR website if that helps? http://www.aorja.com/support/manuals/ar8600mk2_manual_a.pdf
page 146 / 147

Last edited:

dg_w

Thank you

This is from the 8600Mk2 manual ?

CR5000 tape lead
The optional tape connecting lead CR5000 may still be used as switched audio will be provided via the 3.5mm mono jack plug of the lead, however the 2.5mm mono jack plug previously used for tape motor switching is no-longer used

REASSIGNMENT OF ACC SOCKET
The AR8600 Mark2 provides squelch controlled audio output to
pins 6 & 7 of the rear panel ACC connector. For this reason,
pins 4 & 5 no-longer have relay controlled squelch switching.

The audio output and detector levels have been revised.
Refer to page 8 of the operating manual

Page 146 here ? http://www.aorja.com/support/manuals...2_manual_a.pdf

Thx again

dkf435

I missed that part, but I have only used my AR-3000 and AR5000 radios for decoding. the AR8600 and AR8600MK2 I use for voice and digital

I just looked in my one PDF printed manual and the Addendum with that is in the back, shows how often I read the AOR manuals. Made a relay controlled audio interface box for the AR3000 with line and mic level outs because when the AR3000 came out in 1992 the lines were un squelched .

David

Last edited:

dkf435

Got the parts and put this together.

Red RCA is raw unbuffered detector out.
1/8 plug with red is low level out.
1/8 plug is high out.

Need your information.

David Kb7uns

Attachments

• AORCable.jpg
    AORCable.jpg