Can BR330T receive HF/shortwave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfeeny

The frequency range of the BR330T certainly is in range of HF, but when I try to listen to WWV or amateur radio in that range I never pick anything up, I realize I probably can't hear the SSB/voice stuff, but I would have thought I would pick up some CW. Do I need to use another antenna possibly, I have tried a diamond antenna (SHR7A), stock ducky and built in AM antenna.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Speaking from experience the factory antenna will not do you any good.. youll need a good shortwave antenna (normally very very long some 25 feet long). Even then the reception was NOT as good as a dedicated shortware radio.

Im no expert in the shortwave band maybe another user can advise on a good shortwave antenna or other tips for you.

manross

It will work better than not having an HF radio :D As far as shortwave, yes it will pick it up with an appropiate antenna, but will not have sideband or CW capability. I'm playing more with mine and having fun finding all kinds of things out there to listen to and in such a small handheld. I'm really glad I got this radio.

Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.