Can I tag and lockout radio IDs on my XT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTTER

My local State Police now share the same dispatch talk group number with the toll road and thats a lot of traffic. Can you tag the numbers and lock them out so you can hear one or the other on the XT or any other scanner ? Thanks

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
My local State Police now share the same dispatch talk group number with the toll road and thats a lot of traffic. Can you tag the numbers and lock them out so you can hear one or the other on the XT or any other scanner ? Thanks

Nope. Sorry.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
You can tag them. Just put them in their own group. I don't know about locking them out though.

Let me clarify my earlier post: Yes you can alphatag them but No you cannot
lockout a specific UID.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
How does one tag a unit id on the 396XT? I thought this only was a feature of the HP-1

From the XT firmware update page:

If you program a Unit ID into a channel, you can assign an Alpha to the Unit ID. You program a Unit ID just like an iCall ID (press ./no then the Unit ID).

So just program the UID into a memory slot then alphtag it like you would a TGID. I usually create a group in the system just for UIDs that way I can keep track of them separately from the TGIDs.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Sweet! Thanks!! Works on my 15X also.. this will defiantly give me more of a reason to log UID now :)

Yeah. All of the UIDs that I have stored into memory in my 396XT/996XT/HP-1 have
alphatags. Makes life so much easier.
Marshall KE4ZNR

W4TF

Marshall (or anyone else for that matter... :) ),

Could you give me further direction on how to program a UID? I only see the option of programming TGIDs. I am using the current firmware. I am trying to insert UID "60690" into one of my groups with PD dispatch, so that when this particular radio is keyed up I will see it marked "radio X" and hopefully even allow me to set an alert to the radio

W4TF

nevermind - Chris from another post, listed the instructions as -

Program System
"chose system"
edit group
"Chose group"
Edit channel
New channel: Press ".no" (an "i" should show up)than enter the Unit id
Press yes
edit name
add alpha tag

Works perfectly!

W4TF

Well, looks like I spoke too soon... The uid does link to the alpha tag and display the alpha tag assigned to it, but the biggest reason I wanted this to work was so that I could set an alert with the alpha tag. I set it up to flash the screen as well as an audible alert, however none are activated. Is it not possible?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I also have set a "alert-tone" to one of my texted "UID's" and it does not work on my 346XT.....

W4TF

yeah, unfortunately, you are correct. I did a LOT of reading on here today about the subject just to learn that this feature does not support alerts linked to RIDs, only for TGIDs.

ScannerWayne

Hmmm....

I've been locking out RID's on my 396xt for the past 2 years. <grin>

I have not assigned an Alpha tag to the RID's I want to lock out..

In my case I just press the L/O button whenever an unwanted RID appears.

Another way to do it is to place the RID in a GROUP that is locked out.

Works for me.

Wayne...

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
As was said above you cannot lock out specific RIDs/UIDs from showing up in normal conversation. You may believe that you are locking out UIDs/RIDs but I can assure you that is not the case.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Hmmm....

I've been locking out RID's on my 396xt for the past 2 years. <grin>

I have not assigned an Alpha tag to the RID's I want to lock out..

In my case I just press the L/O button whenever an unwanted RID appears.

Another way to do it is to place the RID in a GROUP that is locked out.

Works for me.

Wayne...

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
yeah, unfortunately, you are correct. I did a LOT of reading on here today about the subject just to learn that this feature does not support alerts linked to RIDs, only for TGIDs.

That is correct. :)
Alerts only work with TGIDs not UIDs/RIDs.
Marshall KE4ZNR

ScannerWayne

ok ok ok...

I went and got my scanner and took a look.

What I have been doing is locking out the RID while they are in private/direct communication with another unit. On a local county EDACS system the county maintenace vehicles are plentiful and they like to talk to each other directly. Since I don't want to hear them I've been hitting the L/O button and viola, they are gone. I also have their talkgroup in a group that is locked out. I usually don't turn them on unless it's bad weather.

So yup. Other than putting an Alpha Tag on an RID neither the scanner or the software you use can make use of the RID.

Wayne...

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like your L/O "ICALLS" not RID's which are impossible to L/O unless you turn "OFF" the feature in the menu....My local county road gang use "ICALLS" ex: i166066 all the time, sometimes very interesting!....

Status
Not open for further replies.