CAN I USE MY VHF HT1550 XLS TO MONITOR AIR CART AUDIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
I doubt it as when I looked up that radio, I see the frequency coverage of 136-174 MHz. That is above the VHF airband (118-136 MHz).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
That's a very broad question... like asking what is the best car :)

For what specific applications are you looking for a radio? The answer will vary greatly until we have an idea of what bands and modes you are looking for. Are you looking for an airband radio?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
The BC125XT is a good choice for analog monitoring and has coverage for monitoring many aircraft frequencies.

Danny37

WHAT IS THE BEST HANDHELD RADIO

Justa an FYI, posting in all caps can be seen as yelling or/and rude.

The Yaesu vxa-700 is a dualband radio that covers the aircraft AM band and the 2 meter ham band. I believe they're discontinued but I've seen them on eBay from time to time. Looks identical to yaesu vx-7r family.

majoco

Stirrer
Handhelds are great if you want to go to your local airfield, but if you want to listen from home then an outside antenna is much better - even so it's sometimes difficult to hear the ground frequency and aircraft on the ground too. Anything more than 10miles or so tends to be noisy. The high altitude ATC transmitters are often on high hilltops so you can hear them quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.