Can one software program both RS / UNIDEN ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG5KS

Premium Subscriber
I'm using a trial version of software that came with RS usb adapter for RS 2096 digital scanner. I would like to have ONE SOFTWARE PACKAGE that will program the digital trunking scanners such as RS PRO-197, PRO-2096, UNIDEN 396, Uniden 996T , GRE 600 etc.. Is there a full featured programming software that will do these scanners ?? If so, where is best place to buy it ?

Thank you
Ken

swstow

Premium Subscriber
scancat said it does but i never had any luck with it, personaly i use the ARC programs for each of my radios, Scan Control will do both your unidens as long as they are not the XT models,ARC 500 will do the gre600 and the r/s 197, ARC 96 for the 2096

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Scan Control will not work with the 2096. Stick with Win96 or ARC96 for that.

Let's see a full list of the scanners you want to use with software. That's really the only way to get an idea of what might work for you. Scan Control is unfortunately no longer being developed or maintained, so it's pretty much at a dead end. The author is supporting it when he can, however, via a Yahoo group

best regards..Mike

KG5KS

Premium Subscriber
Same Scanner list I posted. " RS PRO-197, PRO-2096, UNIDEN 396, Uniden 996T , GRE 600 " I want to be able to program them without buying two or more pieces of software, if at all possible.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Same Scanner list I posted. " RS PRO-197, PRO-2096, UNIDEN 396, Uniden 996T , GRE 600 " I want to be able to program them without buying two or more pieces of software, if at all possible.
No, as Mike stated, 2096 needs either Win96 or ARC96. The other 3 can use ScanControl.

You are a premium member of RR so you can use Web Import to software for loading your scanners but ScanControl will not use Web Import. Instead, it uses a Data Grabber which is merely copy/paste. You can't use multi site or selective TGRP items with Data Grabber either.

The Unidens can use Free Scan software.

Using either Win500 or PSREdit for the 107 will retrieve all data from the PC/IF Jack of 2096 into the software but the reverse cannot be accomplished.

KG5KS

Premium Subscriber
Appreciate it. Just want the quality FULL FEATURED programs for these scanners. Even program the "sign on screen " just in case the get lost or stolen.

Thank everyone for your comments.

Ken

KG5KS

Premium Subscriber
Yes, looks like I will have to buy a few pieces of software. Kind of a shame a suite of programs couldn't be configured to do it though. Appreciate every ones thoughts on this.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.