can someone explain wilmington nc and new hanover county?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nc28478

Premium Subscriber
can someone explain Wilmington NC and New Hanover county?

are they viper?
p25 or public safety? or combo??????

also what talk groups go where?:roll:

sorry for such a basic question? thanks in advance

quickie2010

Premium Subscriber
whats a "talk group" ? and do you need to know that to pick up freqs on a scanner, i have a pro-96

ts548

whats a "talk group" ? and do you need to know that to pick up freqs on a scanner, i have a pro-96

A talk-group is a virtual channel in a TRS (Trunked Radio System). And if you want to hear whats on that talk group will need to be programmed into the scanner.

quickie2010

Premium Subscriber
ok, i have programmed all the freqs i found on this site and the talk groups id' as well, but im still not getting anything. any idea on what im doin wrong? i followed the instructions i found in the online manual. the freqs are stored in M000- M032 in MO mode on, all the group ID's are in Bank 0-0 ON ID no.'s 00-18. scanner picks up nothing in scan mode. i dunno how to scan the group ID's.

SD70MAC

P25 in New Hanover

I just spent 8 days in New Hanover county / Wilmington area . I was monitoring with my PSR800,there were a lot more "non" P25 talk groups than I thought in the county. I blocked out Wilmington PD because it was just non stop all the time and I am more interested in the fire/ems.
If you are having problems programming your scanner you may need to get you a PSR800 ,it was ready to go in about 10 min.

quickie2010

Premium Subscriber
the PSR800 comes preprogrammed, and with a heafty price tag. My P-96 should be picking up signals, im just doing it wrong. I need help on how to program the scanner i have cause i cant spend $400+ on a new one. i guess im just gonna have to buy the cord and download it from somewhere

SD70MAC

scanner

the PSR800 comes preprogrammed, and with a heafty price tag. My P-96 should be picking up signals, im just doing it wrong. I need help on how to program the scanner i have cause i cant spend $400+ on a new one. i guess im just gonna have to buy the cord and download it from somewhere

You trying to program it through the front panel o'man that going to be a pain with trunking the cable will be worth the cost. My main reason for the post was to let you know there are analog TG's in operation. There are many more Digital TG's than analog .

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
quickie2010--
Please try to keep your questions to 1 thread.
I am going to close this one so that folks can help you
in one of your other many threads.
Thanks
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.