Can Someone Help Me Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

lubstorfk

I have a Radio Shack Pro-2055 scanner that I haven't used in forever. At one time I had the Win97 software (w/license) but lost it all (including the license key) in a fatal computer crash. I still have the cable though.

Anyhow, I did a search and found for the Win 97 software but I can seem to unzip the file getting a "Permission denied" message. I don't know, maybe it's (the software) has been disabled? Not compatible with Windows 10?

Might I be doing something wrong or is there another program that I can obtain that will help me to program this thing. I guess in worst case, I can read the manual and program it manually. I'm just trying to set it up to give to a family member in another state so they can listen to their local PD (Buffalo, NY area)

Any help would be much appreciated.

On another note, I'd spent a good chunk of change purchasing the Uniden BCD536HP so I could obtain the Memphis PD .... and then my county (DeSoto County, MS) went encrypted for everything...including dog catcher! Now I hear sirens down the street and don't have a clue what's going on. But at least I can still hear the activity in Memphis.

troymail

Silent Key
I have a Radio Shack Pro-2055 scanner that I haven't used in forever. At one time I had the Win97 software (w/license) but lost it all (including the license key) in a fatal computer crash. I still have the cable though.

Anyhow, I did a search and found for the Win 97 software but I can seem to unzip the file getting a "Permission denied" message. I don't know, maybe it's (the software) has been disabled? Not compatible with Windows 10?

Might I be doing something wrong or is there another program that I can obtain that will help me to program this thing. I guess in worst case, I can read the manual and program it manually. I'm just trying to set it up to give to a family member in another state so they can listen to their local PD (Buffalo, NY area)

Any help would be much appreciated.

On another note, I'd spent a good chunk of change purchasing the Uniden BCD536HP so I could obtain the Memphis PD .... and then my county (DeSoto County, MS) went encrypted for everything...including dog catcher! Now I hear sirens down the street and don't have a clue what's going on. But at least I can still hear the activity in Memphis.
I just downloaded (Win97 - Data Management Software for the PRO-97, PRO-2055, PSR-300, PSR-400, PRO-164, and PRO-163 Scanners) to my Win10 machine - extracted and ran it... no issues.

Using Chrome - opened the download folder - right-clicked on the Win97 zip file then Extract All .. no install required so I double clicked on the Win97 application in the extraction folder - ran fine.

eyes00only

Not sure where to ask. Can I use Win500 on more than one computer?
I just updated to the newest version but put it on my desktop instead of
a laptop.

lubstorfk

I just downloaded (Win97 - Data Management Software for the PRO-97, PRO-2055, PSR-300, PSR-400, PRO-164, and PRO-163 Scanners) to my Win10 machine - extracted and ran it... no issues.

Using Chrome - opened the download folder - right-clicked on the Win97 zip file then Extract All .. no install required so I double clicked on the Win97 application in the extraction folder - ran fine.

LOL... I'm not sure exactly what I did but somehow the program seems to be installed and even has my old license key number (?). When I used that program last, it was on a completely different puter

Anyhow, thanks for the help. Now we'll see if I can actually remember (or stumble my way through) programming this PRO- 2055.

Status
Not open for further replies.