Can someone help program this paper weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsCalixj

I'm new here, so I want to apologize if I didn't go about or post this in the right spot. I just bought a Uniden Bcd396t that is supposedly a great scanner to have, and I sure hope so for $300. So far it is nothing more then a paper weight with potential. I live in North County San Diego TriCity area and I am hoping somebody around me knows what they are doing and can program this thing for me. Im really just interested in the local North County feeds Oceanside, Carlsbad, Escondido Vista etc. I can not do it myself due to my computer not having a serial port and not havin a compatible USB cable not to mention the knowledge in this stuff. I would really appreciate if someone can set it up. I cant afford to much but id be happy to pay what I can for the help. Thank U & hope someone can do it

SDBud

I'm new here, so I want to apologize if I didn't go about or post this in the right spot. I just bought a Uniden Bcd396t that is supposedly a great scanner to have, and I sure hope so for $300. So far it is nothing more then a paper weight with potential. I live in North County San Diego TriCity area and I am hoping somebody around me knows what they are doing and can program this thing for me. Im really just interested in the local North County feeds Oceanside, Carlsbad, Escondido Vista etc. I can not do it myself due to my computer not having a serial port and not havin a compatible USB cable not to mention the knowledge in this stuff. I would really appreciate if someone can set it up. I cant afford to much but id be happy to pay what I can for the help. Thank U & hope someone can do it

I'm totally capable of programming that, and only charge $20. For that, I'll make sure you know HOW to use the radio fully before you leave.

I live in Linda Vista, not far from Sharp Memorial Hosp., and I work at home, so am usually here.

Give me a call at 858-277-4140. Any time, I turn off the ringer when I'm sleeping.

wtp

it is not that hard to understand the radio.

if you think of it as a computer that gets radio it is much easier.
when you unlock a system is like opening a folder
you have to put information/data/frequencies in to get something out.
take little steps and try to figure out how it is done.
try setting up a conventional system.
that is the old way of radio listening. one frequency in and out.
kind of like a CB radio.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I'm totally capable of programming that, and only charge $20. For that, I'll make sure you know HOW to use the radio fully before you leave.

I live in Linda Vista, not far from Sharp Memorial Hosp., and I work at home, so am usually here.

Give me a call at 858-277-4140. Any time, I turn off the ringer when I'm sleeping.

And bring milk. ;-)

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.