Can someone tell me the best software to program a uniden 325p2 handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin256

I tried proscan and was way confused. Is there an easier program more user friendly to program this scanner

Thank you
Mark

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
there will be a steep learning curve with any software that you will be programming with, just take your time and learn how to program the radio the correct way.

I use proscan for all my needs.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Part of the issue with software for scanners is that, in order to use the software effectively, you have to understand the radio you are trying to program. The 325 uses DMA technology which is vastly different from the old banks set up we all had as kids. Spending some time with refs such as the Easier to Read manual, along with some of the articles in our wiki, will get you started. Let's start at the beginning - this article has links to the Easier to Read guides at the bottom, along with links to our glossary for terminology and much more...

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Program_your_DMA_Scanner

Mike

MagicMan08

Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I prefer ARC-XT for programming and ProScan for monitoring, controlling and logging.

Am I missing a step? I don't see the audio coming from my 436hp into proscan, I have everything else but audio. Do I need another kind of set up to use the pc recording function?

mule1075

Feed Provider
Am I missing a step? I don't see the audio coming from my 436hp into proscan, I have everything else but audio. Do I need another kind of set up to use the pc recording function?
Do you have a audio cable plugged into the headphone jack and into the PC? The USB cable does not pass the Audio.

MagicMan08

Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Do you have a audio cable plugged into the headphone jack and into the PC? The USB cable does not pass the Audio.

I have not and do not currently own one. This confirmed my suspicions and I did search around a bit on the forum before I put this post up. I'm ordering one now. This is very useful software. I no longer need to rubberneck to my scanner, for my 436 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.