Canada Customs freq??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbstone99

Rcmp

hawkeye32 said:
As for the rcmp link i couldn't tell if it was from customs cause it was scrambled when something did come through, like i say it may be digital or encrypted, i don't have a digital scanner (BC898T)

The RCMP when they are secure use a non P25 type digital protocol. I believe it'sAEGIS if I am not mistaken but none the less non scanable even with a normal P25 scanner. The RCMP does on an occasion broadcast routine traffic in the clear analog though.

Matt

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
mbstone99 said:
The RCMP when they are secure use a non P25 type digital protocol.

They've got a mix of radios which include encrypted P25 and GE Voiceguard.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Had Sarnia Customs on 410.7625 (203.5) today.... Also heard the US side chatting away on 163.6250. US Border Patrol is also on this frequency in P25 digital (sometimes encrypted).

TIZ6

This frequency is very busy in the daytime. Traffic I've copied on 167.730 (ctcss of 110.9) sounds more like a plant's ops/maint. staff, not customs officials, and not even border traffic.

It may be listed as Canada Customs Tunnel in 90s scanner directories, including Canscan Publishing's venerable scanner books, but it would appear to me at least that its assignment has changed. My first guess - and this is a guess only for now - is the former Hearn's (now Thyssen Krupp) on Walker road, based on the type of traffic I'm hearing.

EDIT: They're definitely assembling vehicles. So ... Chrysler Windsor Assembly.

Last edited:

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
from hearing it also maybe the customs yard for the truckers just off huron church, i can't remember the name of the street,but it may be that also

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
167.7300Mhz is a common simplex business channel that's used in quite a few areas. I think some radios even come with it as a default channel.

Wouldn't surprise me if you've got multiple users on it in a given geographic area.

Status
Not open for further replies.