Canada Day 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveH

Will be listening for Snowbirds around 1200 or later on 272.100, 333.30, and 116.0.

Ottawa P25 enc. activity on 2722 and 2723 is likely EMS. Also, enc. on TG 12 but only one RID affiliated.

Seaching for anything else interesting but less to listen to this year.

Dave

fmoore

Also I have been hearing activity on these unknown TGIDs on the Main Turris Network
539471 (en/fr) Canada Day Usage General Management of Staff Duties
539474 (en/fr) Canada Day Usage
539475 (en/fr) Canada Day Usage Missing Kids Parliament Hill
Frank

Last edited:

fmoore

Also I have been hearing activity on these unknown TGIDs on the Main Turris Network
539471 (en/fr) Canada Day Usage General Management of Staff Duties
539474 (en/fr) Canada Day Usage
539475 (en/fr) Canada Day Usage Missing Kids Parliament Hill
Frank
I am guessing this is NCC
Also add 539469 and 539476

DaveH

Those NCC talkgroups last about 2 days and will be different next year (if on the same system) so might better be suited for the Wiki.

Dave

fmoore

Fyi I CH 1 was active yesterday so it's either a system that is active during this time or different than the other temporary TGs that have been used in the past.

DaveH

What's the activity on "Ch 1" 539469? I did not see it active when I was watching July 1. NCC might be using it for Bluesfest or other activity within same timeframe as Canada Day.

I recall when they used 850MHz LTR system. Countdown to the fireworks was done over radio. A few people might have thought me a bit off, suddenly pointing at the sky, but then the fireworks appeared... :)

Unlike Bluesfest TGs on the other system (BMR Cap+) these NCC groups don't seem to hold from one year to the next, but we will see.

Dave

fmoore

I couldn't gather any details other than hearing something about Parliament Hill. Sounded like asking each other where they were, but no location. It was mostly French, but there was some English. Also, it was just around noon. I stopped logging and locked onto OPP/OPS patch for the chase yesterday and the OPS had trouble hearing OPP when they were patched but I could hear both fine on talkgroup 8800.

fmoore

What's the activity on "Ch 1" 539469? I did not see it active when I was watching July 1. NCC might be using it for Bluesfest or other activity within same timeframe as Canada Day.

I recall when they used 850MHz LTR system. Countdown to the fireworks was done over radio. A few people might have thought me a bit off, suddenly pointing at the sky, but then the fireworks appeared... :)

Unlike Bluesfest TGs on the other system (BMR Cap+) these NCC groups don't seem to hold from one year to the next, but we will see.

Dave

Could it be Changing of the Guard support staff for helping the public similar to Canada Day?

Just now, I heard someone on CH1 539469 ask someone to come to 30 Metcalfe. I did some googling and found the following: If PCH is also at 30 Metcalfe, it doesn't confirm either way. If anyone else can confirm, it looks as if The NCC moved a few years back and this office was taken over by PCH.
Invitation to Tender (ITT) Abstract: Renovation work at 30 Metcalfe Street Ottawa Ontario for the National Capital Commission

fmoore

Hi All,
I have been continuing to monitor all the channels. Channel 1 seems to be used for a Tour of some kind on Parliament Hill.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.