Canadian Armed Forces P25 Trunking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveH

yeah RENIR but isn't that all french?

I don't think 142.23 is a CC for the new P25, I think Unitrunker picked it up when I was scanning CC's. I deleted the entire system from Uni and it hasn't come back yet saying 142.23 again. Just shows 143.76 and 152.03. 143.76 being active right now.

RENIR would be french if you could hear any of it....encrypted including MTQ snowplows etc.
I just mention it should you come across its CCs which are spread from 140 to >165MHz.

Yep, good to clear the system and rerun if you pick up something doubtful. Odd thing, UT
and Pro96Com both report 10kHz spacing but two channels are on 5kHz steps...wonder why.

Dave

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
We could but I'm hoping for a new forum where multi-province systems can be discussed.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
The only active TG I found so far is 10310 which is the MP's. I see the joins/leaves for a 10307 but there has been no comms on it yet.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
10307 - Commissionaires Building Security
10308 - Commissionaires Gate Security
(submitted above to RR)

10320 - Fire Dept or Alarms?? <--- Red Dispatch gave it away.

10390 - Fleet Maintenance?? <-- two guys talking about wiring audio and video and how they had to get it done on Friday as the unit they were wiring was going all over ontario.

I get some TG's in Unitrunker that show up but no comms those could be encrypted. The scanner records them but it is just no audio.

RyanAC

I've programmed (manually) this new system into my 996XT, but I'm not certain if I've done it correctly; I don't have much experience with true P25 systems. When holding on 143.76, line 2 alternates the site name with SID: 05DEh-0103 (when I'm getting good reception), but I don't hear a control channel sound (am I supposed to, or is that only on a Fleetnet type Motorola system?).

Two programming questions:

1. Is this system standard or one-freq trunk; and
2. Is it an explicit or implicit system?

I've programmed it as standard, and I assumed it was explicit. Additional programming/set-up notes for the way I set up this system in my scanner:

I programmed all of the control channels listed in the database for the Petawawa tower;
Delay is set to 0;
Hold time is set to 0; and
I've programmed the TGs listed in the database although the system is set to "ID Search."
Everything else was left as default settings.

Curious...now I have a third question. I was just double checking my settings; under "Edit Band Plan," which I had left blank, "0:" now reads 851.00625/6.25. The remainder of the band plan slots are still blank. What did my scanner do to the band plan?

I live in a spotty reception area in the outer-third of the tower's range, and I've yet to hear any voice tx's when the scanner is receiving the control channel. I'm hoping someone can tell me if I've set up correctly for good reception days and those days I have the scanner with me in Petawawa.

Thanks!

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
the 996 seems to mute the control channel sounds on the P25 system.

You should find yourself some programming software I don't even program mine manually.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Standard system and don't worry about populating the bandplans, the system will populate them for you.

I believe you should see the VHF ranges entered into positions 6 and 7 when you've got a decent signal from the control channel. All you need to do is enter the control channels.

RyanAC

Standard system and don't worry about populating the bandplans, the system will populate them for you.

I believe you should see the VHF ranges entered into positions 6 and 7 when you've got a decent signal from the control channel. All you need to do is enter the control channels.

Thanks!

There is something populated in those positions; it looks like this:

06:136.00000/10.0
07:136.00500/10.0

Is that similar to what you are getting?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Interesting finds, just jumped in the thread myself.

Is the thought that this will be the Canadian equivalent to the US DoD's '14C' system?

(if so please oh please don't make 97 separate systems in the RRDB like they did...)

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
From what I've heard, there is at least one western base that will be joining.

And no, this will be one large system.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Canadian Forces P25 Trunk System.

Looks like CF is doing something similar to the US DoD P25 system.

CFB Petawawa - The RadioReference.com Forums

Database entry:
Canadian Armed Forces Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Folks may want to start scanning for 9600Bps control channels on VHF/UHF around CFB Wainwright, CFB Suffield and Edmonton Garrison based on what others have found in Ontario it so far is an army thing...

Let's keep the talk of the system thread over in the Ontario one already underway

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mciupa

That would be great! We are also hoping for a multi-province forum to have countrywide discussions about cross-Canada systems.

This topic would be tailor-made for that with AB-ON-NB bases.

DaveH

Could a province designation be added to each site name; there's no specific column for
this info for a system with such wide coverage.

Dave

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I figured I would create a thread in the Pacific forum, and link the info. While I look at new threads via Tapatalk, and saw the thread in new posts, some out west may not see, or read the Ontario forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
All well and good - what mciupa was getting at is, there is a drive to have a new forum for systems that cross provincial boundaries. The Americans have had one (such forum) for a year or two now, but it wasn't deemed necessary for Canada at the time. This system, once it gets some sites out our way, will fit that bill.

The only other system I can think of that has ever come close is the RCMP's travelling roadshow, and that's a kind of a stretch - I'm talking about the one that seems to pop up in places where special events are going on. It's been seen in Ottawa, and I picked it up for a week or so in St John's one year. But it never stays active in the places it goes - it comes back down when the special event ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.