Canadian Armed Forces P25 Trunking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
All well and good - what mciupa was getting at is, there is a drive to have a new forum for systems that cross provincial boundaries. The Americans have had one (such forum) for a year or two now, but it wasn't deemed necessary for Canada at the time. This system, once it gets some sites out our way, will fit that bill.

Hopefully we see a site or two pop up here soon!

I wonder how long CF can keep the EDACS systems going at CFB Suffield and CFB Wainwright?

The only other system I can think of that has ever come close is the RCMP's travelling roadshow, and that's a kind of a stretch - I'm talking about the one that seems to pop up in places where special events are going on. It's been seen in Ottawa, and I picked it up for a week or so in St John's one year. But it never stays active in the places it goes - it comes back down when the special event ends.

Sounds like the RCMP system is something like a SOW. Makes sense, if you only need comms for a short term event, no point investing in fixed infrastructure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hopefully we see a site or two pop up here soon!

I'm hoping people in other places like Comox or Cold Lake will take a look too.

I wonder how long CF can keep the EDACS systems going at CFB Suffield and CFB Wainwright?

So long as they can keep getting supplies of bailing twine, gum, hamsters, and duct tape.. maybe Edmonton and Lethbridge will sell their stuff to them when AFRRCS goes live ;)

Sounds like the RCMP system is something like a SOW. Makes sense, if you only need comms for a short term event, no point investing in fixed infrastructure.

Yeah, I think it's an upgrade/evolution of the old 7520 system that was in use here during G8 2002.

VE2NCG

Premium Subscriber
So, it is a Canadian wide network? I have CFB Longue-Pointe or (Longe-Pointe Garrison as it is named these day) here in Montreal but nothing on Unitrunker show up, exept Renir and H-Q of course... But from april to october, I'm camping out close to CFB Farhnam so I will check if A new P25 system show up there this summer....

Nick

Last edited:

RyanAC

There has been a lot of use the past two days of TG 10306. It's not in the database yet, so I thought I would mention it here.

I wish I could say for certain who is using it and for what purpose. From the sound of the tx's, I would guess that it might be an alternate TG for the MPs to use while conducting training.

RyanAC

Range control in the sense that a group is using it as their internal means of communication while conducting a range practice, but not in the sense that the garrison refers to the safety net as "Range Control," being the means for Range Control (the organization) to administer and control activities in the training area.

Yesterday, the users of 10306 weren't on the ranges. They were doing something at one of the gates.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
CFB Borden has a Range Control Operations talkgroup for the Range Safety officers and a Range Control Common talkgroup for others to contact them. You will hear them identify as Range Control.

There are a lot of other Range talkgroups which are used by the troops on the ranges plus a lot of talkgroups that I just label as Wargames. Range control is not active on any of these talkgroups.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've added it into the Canadian Armed Forces system.

Surprised it's in RFSS 1? I would have thought each province was a separate RFSS but I guess not.

pug_27

I found a sec control channel for CFB Cold Lake 143.2500 site 0107

I think site 0107 is actually on the bombing range the signal strength is a bit weak

and site 0108 is for base operations

pug_27

Well I found some talk groups for CFB Cold Lake Alberta finally but not all good.
For months I was not hearing any thing on the control channels so something must be up,
So then I put my scanner in the id search & store mode for the day & found the following talk group IDs
All have encryption on them 🙄
IDs

Status
Not open for further replies.