Canadian Armed Forces P25 Trunking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Sounds Like Petawawa is about to another mass change over for 427 and 450 sqd. Range Control and a few others. Over the past week they have been testing radios all day long on 10390 Fleet Maintenance.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I got some new TG's It sounds like the range now. They are talking about dropping targets and then an exposure of x seconds by another at x seconds.

Any idea what I am listening too.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
What talkgroup ID's are you seeing?

I have a feeling that they're using a standard template across the country.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Sounds like one of the training channels where the communications are between the RSO and the people using the range.

You'll probably find a Range Common channel where the RSO's call in to Range Control every hour and another channel used for internal comm's between Range Control and the Range Control officers.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Here's a few more talkgroups that I've been able to hear from Garrison Petawawa

10332 - Mention of RED Dispatch (maybe another fire talkgroup)
10349 - Encrypted
10360 - Heard RED Portable 8 radio check

Last edited:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
CFB Cold Lake:

The bombing range control channel is actually at the base, and the frequency for the base is in the bombing range. No other to provide, I just had punched in the CLAWR channel thinking it was the base one, but only had a signal less than half scale, tried the CLAWR channel, and it was full scale, considering I was with in 100m of the site, made better sense.

Additionally, the 'bombing range' is actually called the 'Cold Lake Air Weapons Range' or CLAWR. If you say CLAWR anywhere remotely close to cold lake, most folks know exactly what it is, and means.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
CFB Cold Lake:

The bombing range control channel is actually at the base, and the frequency for the base is in the bombing range. No other to provide, I just had punched in the CLAWR channel thinking it was the base one, but only had a signal less than half scale, tried the CLAWR channel, and it was full scale, considering I was with in 100m of the site, made better sense.

Additionally, the 'bombing range' is actually called the 'Cold Lake Air Weapons Range' or CLAWR. If you say CLAWR anywhere remotely close to cold lake, most folks know exactly what it is, and means.

Changed.

BC_Scan

Driving past CFB Moosejaw the other day I thought I picked up a Motorola control channel @ 148.7 Mhz mhz ? , could not stop so not sure,
than @ CFB Shilo , found Motorola possibly 152 Mhz, could not stop again, need to spend abit of time to try & investigate on return trip .
Has no else investigated yet ?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Driving past CFB Moosejaw the other day I thought I picked up a Motorola control channel @ 148.7 Mhz mhz ? , could not stop so not sure,

than @ CFB Shilo , found Motorola possibly 152 Mhz, could not stop again, need to spend abit of time to try & investigate on return trip .

Has no else investigated yet ?

Its not a 'Motorola' system, it is a 9600baud P25 system.

ve5wil

Feed Provider
15 Wing (moose jaw) Military Police are on the provincial radio system (PPSTN) here in SK

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
For the sake of interest, I got word from a fellow RR user who was around CFB Suffield over the past week or two that they have a 400 MHz P25 phase I system in place there. This system does not appear to be part of the system in this thread as it has a different WACN (16B4E) and SID (00A), and low site numbers (001-001 and 003-003 were detected). It appears to be a direct replacement to the EDACS system that has been on base for a few years.

SCPD

QRT
For the sake of interest, I got word from a fellow RR user who was around CFB Suffield over the past week or two that they have a 400 MHz P25 phase I system in place there. This system does not appear to be part of the system in this thread as it has a different WACN (16B4E) and SID (00A), and low site numbers (001-001 and 003-003 were detected). It appears to be a direct replacement to the EDACS system that has been on base for a few years.
I'll check out wainwright on my next trip that way and see if they followed Suffield.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber

I'm adding it to the Database today

BC_Scan

Found control channel 148.78 @ CFB Moosejaw on 07/23/16 Same ID as others 5DE.
no tg/s logged. Only in area a short time.

mciupa

Found control channel 148.78 @ CFB Moosejaw on 07/23/16 Same ID as others 5DE.
no tg/s logged. Only in area a short time.

Did you happen to catch the Site number?
Until it is known, I'll use "99" as a placeholder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.