Cannot Contact the Feed Broadcaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

andersni

Premium Subscriber
I am a recent premium member and attempted to contact an broadcaster of a feed. I get the error message that I don't have "permission to access this page". How do I get access? Are there grades of "premium" membership that I do not have?

Thanks,
Nick

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
All new users are placed under moderation and prohibited from using private messaging. Your account will be auto updated once you have reached the requisite number of approved posts.

andersni

Premium Subscriber
I don't want to post. I want to message the feed broadcaster. How many posts do I need to make before I am deemed safe?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I am a recent premium member and attempted to contact an broadcaster of a feed. I get the error message that I don't have "permission to access this page". How do I get access? Are there grades of "premium" membership that I do not have?

Thanks,
Nick

All new users are placed under moderation and prohibited from using private messaging. Your account will be auto updated once you have reached the requisite number of approved posts.

I don't want to post. I want to message the feed broadcaster. How many posts do I need to make before I am deemed safe?

I'm confused as to what you are attempting to do. :confused:

As a premium member, you are not under a moderation restriction, since we know who you are. So, if you are attempting to PM another member, you should be able to do so. The part I don't understand is the "permission to access" message you are getting. If you would explain exactly what you do to get that, we might be able to straighten out the problem.

andersni

Premium Subscriber

As a premium member, you are not under a moderation restriction, since we know who you are. So, if you are attempting to PM another member, you should be able to do so. The part I don't understand is the "permission to access" message you are getting. If you would explain exactly what you do to get that, we might be able to straighten out the problem.

When I try to "Send a private message" or "Send Email Message" with the link to the right of the broadcaster's description page here on radioreference.com (the page has three tabs on top, "account" "bio" and "shack" and contains a profile picture, general information, and "badges" to give you a description of his page), I get the following message page...

"vBulletin Message
andersni, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

It is as if it thinks I am not a member or am trying to edit the other person's page, which I am not trying to do, only message.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Hi Andersni,

I have made a change to your account, go ahead and try PM'ing the member and see if it works now.

Take care

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin

He was under moderation, I found his post in the queue.

So, the information in my first post applies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.