Cannot Listen To Audio Feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I tried to listen to some audio feeds today after being away from it for a while. When I click on a feed I am asked to log into my facebook account. I don't have a facebook account, don't need one and don't want one.

Can someone please give me some assistance.

Thanks,

Scanner_Dude

OCO

I'm seeing the same login window for Facebook - I ignored it and just clicked on the speaker icon, streaming still working normally. I don't recall seeing the Facebook login window in the past......(it will cancel with no problem)..

SCPD

QRT
Thanks For Reply.

Actually in my case it just won't work anymore. I bought a new 64-Bit 6 core pc and not only can I not listen to Live Audio, Flash Player doesn't work either. Guess I should have kept on using my old pc.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks For Advice Re Live Audio

Windows Real Player works great.

Still struggling with Flash Player, however.

Scanner_Dude

OCO

If you're having problems installing it, the link to the Flash player installation is here. Note - uncheck the McAfee install unless you want it.. Make note of where the install program saves to, go to that folder, double click the "install_flashplayer11x32_mssa_aih.exe" file. It will then run the actual install of the Flash player from the Adobe website. At the end, it should fire up a web page in your default web browser and tell you the Flash player has been successfully installed..

SCPD

QRT
Thanks For The Advice

I followed your instructions and apparently the install was successful, however, the RadioReference website is stll telling me to upgrade FlashPlayer. I cannot look at music videos either.

This is sure a pain in the butt, man.

Thanks,

Scanner_Dude

OCO

Do you have a popup blocker installed or are your security settings set to "high"? I've seen this cause the issue you're having..

SCPD

QRT
Success With Flash Player 11

Thanks For Your Suggestions And Help.

I am using IE 9 On A Windows 7 Home Premium Platform.
I went to the Tools Menu.
The ActiveX Filtering (whatever that is!?) was checked.
I unchecked it and now the Flash Player works.

I hope that if anyone else has the same problem that they will find this thread.

Yours truly,

Scanner_Dude

OCO

For reference, the major browsers have different requirements for Flash:

IE uses an an ActiveX control for the Flash Player
FireFox, Opera and Safari use the Flash plugin
Chrome preinstalls the Flash player..

Glad you got it running!

I still wonder why the Facebook login is getting started on the feed pages...might be a line of code missing.

Last edited:

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
For future reference, another problem that can cause this is 64 bit IE browsers. It gives me fits sometimes with flash but works fine on the 32 bit IE version. I didn't try disabling the Active X thing though.

Jason

SQUAD109

Premium Subscriber
don't use IE ever firefox,google chrome,opera & safari any many more web browsers outshine IE...

internet explorer has to be the worst web browser out there full of garbage you don't need crap loads of pop ups even with a pop up blocker & forgot trying to run any apps or plugins without a headache

Status
Not open for further replies.