Can't Eliminate Scanning of Service Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

timtown

I have the 996xt and 396xt. Both are programmed identically with 9 conventional systems (SQK 1-9). I enable searching SQK 1 and 2 only. When I do this (or make anyother system selection) the scanners persist in searching all of the freq in each Service. In a previous thread, I was told to do a F + L/O when searching a particular service. But when I do this it doesn't work. I find that I have to do a F + L/O + L/O (twice) in order to get a solid Locked Out, rather than Temporary Lock. But when I turn the unit off, the permanency of the solid Locked Outs for each service doesn't hold and I have to repeat the procedure for EACH service once again. What is the solution to permanently turn off the searching of one or all of these Services?

Thank you

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I do a F + spin knob backward to get to the service before it then forward one to get to that service then L/O L/O

Anytime i just hit F L/O without scrolling around i never seem to lock it out.

hope that makes sense, i just scroll to the service before it then to the service i want to l/o

also be sure to completly turn off the radio with the knob (not just unplug the radio as is often the case when hooked to a car battery power)

let us know if its still a problem

timtown

Disable service searches

I don't quite understand your first sentence. But I made a guess and couldn't get reliable results for selecting the service I want to disable. Is there another way to disable specific services or to disable the entire wad of services to search??

Out of the 9 Systems I wish programmed, I only wish to scan specific selected systems. Instead these scanners jump in and start search all the services?

timtown

Gee, I read all the manuals, and yes, this is where I started: assume L/O will toggle the service from active to not active or the reverse.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
F+L/O, L/O will lockout a system or service search (do that while you are on the thing you want to lock out).

timtown

Thank you, but if you read my first message your procedure is where I started out. The problem I'm experiencing is with the permanency of the L/O after I cycle power. Some come back as unlocked, others stay locked.

So you are confirming my procedure (which I found by experimentation, not in the documentation as i could find).

Do you have a solution for the other problem I posted?

Thanks again, Tim

timtown

Thank you UPMan for the URL reference to Uniden. I expected to find the answer to the question in the 293page manual, but I didn't. I'll have to investigate this link and discover what other info is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.