• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Cant hear anything but noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iz3k34l

OK so i bought a Kenwood TK-2107 VHF transceiver, i got the cable and software to go with it. I am able to program the radio to the desired frequency but it doesn't get anything but what i guess is squelch noise. Here is what a line of the program looks like:
Frequency QT/DQT
CH No Receive Transmit Dec Enc Bsy Shft
1 154.785000 155.85000 178.8 178.8 No No

Here is a copy of the county info:

Frequency Input License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description
154.78500 155.85000 KNFL698 RM 173.8 PL Gray SO A Grayson Sheriff Dispatch – Analog

Mode
FM

So any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Before creating a thread please make sure to read the full forum name and its description. Next time take a few more seconds to scroll down to the Kenwood forum. The Scanner Programming Software forum is for scanners only.

Thread moved to Kenwood.

kma371

QRT
OK so i bought a Kenwood TK-2107 VHF transceiver, i got the cable and software to go with it. I am able to program the radio to the desired frequency but it doesn't get anything but what i guess is squelch noise. Here is what a line of the program looks like:
Frequency QT/DQT
CH No Receive Transmit Dec Enc Bsy Shft
1 154.785000 155.85000 178.8 178.8 No No

Here is a copy of the county info:

Frequency Input License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description
154.78500 155.85000 KNFL698 RM 173.8 PL Gray SO A Grayson Sheriff Dispatch – Analog

Mode
FM

So any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks

Unless it's a typo, the PLs aren't the same

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Av8tor56

Ok. It's only a guess but you either have a very loose squelch setting (opening at .1 uV or lower) or one of the radio is stuck in monitor. Can you look at the program and see what the key assignment is? one button is usually set for monitor. if there is one then try resetting that button. If that doesn't solve the problem then you my need to put it in tuning mode and tighten the squelch.

Iz3k34l

Ok. It's only a guess but you either have a very loose squelch setting (opening at .1 uV or lower) or one of the radio is stuck in monitor. Can you look at the program and see what the key assignment is? one button is usually set for monitor. if there is one then try resetting that button. If that doesn't solve the problem then you my need to put it in tuning mode and tighten the squelch.

there is a "moni key" which has several setting off, sq off momentary, monitor, monitor lock which i tried using the sq off momentary and off setting only.

I dont see that it has a tuning mode, unless im just missing something.

Thanks

Av8tor56

Ok. Try this: Take the antenna off of the radio. If the noise goes away then chances are your squelch is too loose. If the noise is still there you have a problem with the radio itself and you may need to take it in for a tech to look at.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
This is a repeater split and you will need to talk through the sheriff's repeater to communicate radio to radio. Are you authorized to do this???

It also looks like a mixed mode analog/P25 repeater. If they normally use P25, you will not be able to receive them with that Kenwood radio.

Iz3k34l

This is a repeater split and you will need to talk through the sheriff's repeater to communicate radio to radio.

Are you authorized to do this???
Yes, i am LE

It also looks like a mixed mode analog/P25 repeater. If they normally use P25, you will not be able to receive them with that Kenwood radio.

I was afraid this was going to be the case, the more i am reading about this radio the more i lean to this conclusion.
I am probably going to be getting a Motorola XTS-2500/3000/5000

Thanks for everyone's help

Status
Not open for further replies.