Can't hear Mobile Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewfrancez

Premium Subscriber
I recently reprogrammed my 325p2 using freescan and the radioreference database for Mobile County. Everything seems to be working ok, sometimes I can only hear the SO dispatcher, not the deputym but that's what ever. What is weird is I have all of MPD programmed but I just can't hear anything, yet I can hear them on the radioreference broadcast. Any ideas? Sorry if this is in the wrong section, first post.

jim202

I recently reprogrammed my 325p2 using freescan and the radioreference database for Mobile County. Everything seems to be working ok, sometimes I can only hear the SO dispatcher, not the deputym but that's what ever. What is weird is I have all of MPD programmed but I just can't hear anything, yet I can hear them on the radioreference broadcast. Any ideas? Sorry if this is in the wrong section, first post.

You have not identified where your location is. The old EDACS system doesn't do well for coverage outside the County. If you wait long enough, the new P25 system should provide a little better coverage than the old system. But it will be digital and probably encrypted on the main dispatch channels.

If you are having an antenna problem or the sensitivity might be down on the receiver, it will effect the ability to receive. The only real way is to compare another receiver on the same antenna.

The better way would be to measure the receiver sensitivity on a service monitor. But most people don't have access to a service monitor or don't know anyone with one.

matthewfrancez

Premium Subscriber
You have not identified where your location is. The old EDACS system doesn't do well for coverage outside the County. If you wait long enough, the new P25 system should provide a little better coverage than the old system. But it will be digital and probably encrypted on the main dispatch channels.

If you are having an antenna problem or the sensitivity might be down on the receiver, it will effect the ability to receive. The only real way is to compare another receiver on the same antenna.

The better way would be to measure the receiver sensitivity on a service monitor. But most people don't have access to a service monitor or don't know anyone with one.

I'm in Mobile and I don't think it's an antenna issue because I can hear everyone else fine (Prichard PD, Saraland, I even gets USA's PD from UM's campus.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Mobile City Police and Fire have been using Pro Voice audio on the EDACS system for about three years now. The 325P2 won't receive Pro Voice audio, although it will track the talk groups.

The P25 system, when it's activated, may or may not have some clear channels. No one is quite sure when it will go on line or if the audio will be in the clear.

Or maybe I should say that if anyone does know, they aren't saying.

matthewfrancez

Premium Subscriber
Mobile City Police and Fire have been using Pro Voice audio on the EDACS system for about three years now. The 325P2 won't receive Pro Voice audio, although it will track the talk groups.

The P25 system, when it's activated, may or may not have some clear channels. No one is quite sure when it will go on line or if the audio will be in the clear.

Or maybe I should say that if anyone does know, they aren't saying.

Short of upgrading to the 436hp, do I have any options?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
SDR, or discriminator audio to DSD+, or *retrograde* if you will, to the BCD436/536HP, and add that EXTRA $50.00 for the ProVOICE, DMR add ons etc, etc, etc.... And enjoy while you can, and pray that Mobile is NOT like the rest of the AL Gulf Coast and paranoid extremus maximus and encrypt everything.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Pro Voice/DMR

SDR, or discriminator audio to DSD+, or *retrograde* if you will, to the BCD436/536HP, and add that EXTRA $50.00 for the ProVOICE, DMR add ons etc, etc, etc.... And enjoy while you can, and pray that Mobile is NOT like the rest of the AL Gulf Coast and paranoid extremus maximus and encrypt everything.

I had to pay around $100 for both upgrades, ProVoice and DMR. Are they now putting these two firmware upgrades together for $50?

garys

Premium Subscriber
I think that the DMR upgrade is $60.00 and around October 1, a final price will be established. $50.00 was the pre release price that was extended for a bit after the release.

I don't know at this time if I'd pay for the Pro Voice upgrade. When I bought it, it seemed that Mobile would be on Pro Voice for a while, but now that's really uncertain.

50 each

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
In about 1 year mobile will be p25.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.