MOH vehicle repeaters in Hamilton

MattCPRail

Premium Subscriber
I have a conventional scanner and I'm unable to get vehicle repeaters, but I was always listening to them earlier. I still get OPP repeaters though.. (I'm in East Hamilton)

gary123

I believe that the UHF frequencies have pretty much been abandoned. The 700 MHz DVRS are super active, especially the EMS.

MattCPRail

Premium Subscriber
I believe that the UHF frequencies have pretty much been abandoned. The 700 MHz DVRS are super active, especially the EMS.
That's not good. Any other ways to hear them or is that it for me? My BC125AT can't access the 700~ frequencies because they're out of band.

mbstone99

That's not good. Any other ways to hear them or is that it for me? My BC125AT can't access the 700~ frequencies because they're out of band.

If you know you way around a computer you could try getting an SDR (software defined radio), some of them depending on which one you can get can be quite inexpensive but need a bit of configuration for it to work or you could upgrade your scanner to a the 436 (handheld) or the 536 (desktop) scanners, I have the 436 myself. With those two you can also listen to DMR/NexEdge with the applicable paid upgrade (they are around $60 a piece I believe).

Matt

gary123

One of the realities of scanning is the need to upgrade the hardware to keep up with changes to technology and systems configuration and modes. The 125AT is an excellent scanner and great for air and mil air. You may be able to find a buyer and upgrade to a 436/100 a little cheaper.

When I sell old hardware I usually include a flash stick with free programming software and a saved image of the unit. This sweetens the pot and helps the new owner got more out of the sale immediately.

MattCPRail

Premium Subscriber
If you know you way around a computer you could try getting an SDR (software defined radio), some of them depending on which one you can get can be quite inexpensive but need a bit of configuration for it to work or you could upgrade your scanner to a the 436 (handheld) or the 536 (desktop) scanners, I have the 436 myself. With those two you can also listen to DMR/NexEdge with the applicable paid upgrade (they are around $60 a piece I believe).

Matt
I have an RTL-SDR now. I've been using it for the HFD pager but when I tune into the MOH vehicle repeaters in the 700 MHz band it's dead silent. What specific one do I listen to? Any ideas for squelch, gain, and general settings?

gary123

The beep is the 'keep active' tone from the repeater to the portables. As long as the port hears that tone every few min it remains on the DVRS freq and TG that EMS unit it on.

MattCPRail

Premium Subscriber
152.000 - I'm hearing some dispatch chatter to paramedics. Is this a vehicle repeater of some sort? I'm hearing some paramedics being patched to the hospital now. Also unit "3149" which is not part of Hamilton EMS, so I'm not sure.

mciupa

It is one of the FleetNet trunked frequencies for the Toronto tower.

040 (28) Mowat 40MOWT (Toronto) Toronto 141.300 141.435 142.110 143.340 142.905c 143.640c 152.000

It is not a Toronto Paramedic Service EMS unit as they are on the city trunk system and not FleetNet. It is a provincial unit (York or Peel possibly)