Can't hear Waterloo P.S. on new scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

gghtransit

Hi all, I'm new to the forum but am already having trouble with my new scanner, and am hoping someone here can help me out.

I just bought a brand new Uniden BCT15 and have (I believe) programmed the Waterloo Region trunked system into it so I can scan the system. However, I never hear anything at all while in scanning mode and when I hold onto a specific talk-group I'm looking to listen to, the display continually flashes "Finding CtrlChan". Now, if I hold onto any of the 16 frequencies the Region uses (according to the RR Database) I do hear the snippets of talk the system assigns to each frequency and I do hear the control channel on LCN1 868.3250MHz, am I missing something here?

I've been through the scanner manual several times and reprogrammed the system 3 times and I'm still not having luck, I'm completely lost now. Can anyone provide some assistance??

69stiles

I have 2 of those radios & they do work great here in the region. Make sure you have edacs chosen as your system type & make sure the system frequencies are in the exact order as they are here on RR. Let me know if that makes a difference.

gghtransit

Thanks for the reply,

I set it up as EDACS with the initial site setup using 'Narrow' and typed in the frequencies in order using the small number to the left in the RR Database as the LCN (typed them in order LCN 1,2,3 etc.)...still nothing in scan mode or holding a talk-group (flashing "Finding CtrlChan").

spikestabber

I had the same issue with a motorola 800 system, turns out I didn't follow the 'rebanding' instructions to set the required band plan settings.

Not sure if it applies to an EDACS system though.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Hi all, I'm new to the forum but am already having trouble with my new scanner, and am hoping someone here can help me out.

I just bought a brand new Uniden BCT15 and have (I believe) programmed the Waterloo Region trunked system into it so I can scan the system. However, I never hear anything at all while in scanning mode and when I hold onto a specific talk-group I'm looking to listen to, the display continually flashes "Finding CtrlChan". Now, if I hold onto any of the 16 frequencies the Region uses (according to the RR Database) I do hear the snippets of talk the system assigns to each frequency and I do hear the control channel on LCN1 868.3250MHz, am I missing something here?

I've been through the scanner manual several times and reprogrammed the system 3 times and I'm still not having luck, I'm completely lost now. Can anyone provide some assistance??

I can help you out in exchange for a large triple triple and possibly and apple fritter.

gghtransit

Hi all, I figure it out (spent all night doing it, just because I didn't want to dish out for coffee, LMAO :-D ) I had programmed the site with 'Narrow' setting, I reprogrammed it with 'Wide' setting and everything works.

Newbie learning experience, I suppose, thanks for the help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.