Can't pick up Mishawaka LSM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daggit

I moved to Elkhart and can pick up South Bend perfectly but can't pick up Mishawaka. I have the Mishawaka and South Bend tower sites in my radio. Someone thats been a great help suggested I post this question here. He thinks it may be a LSM problem. I'm using a ws1065.

daggit

My new friend on here found out Mishawaka moved to the South Bend system. The Mishawaka system in RR is no longer valid. Anyways there are only two Mishawaka talk groups. Channel 2 and Dispatch in the RR database under South bend. I'm looking to find car to car talk groups and I know there other Mishawaka police IDs. Wondering if anyone has information on Mishawaka. Thanks

Jim

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I don't even see that there is a "South Bend system." And, the database entry for the Mishawaka system was just updated in January to update some PD talk groups. That would lead me to suspect that your new friend might not have accurate information. But, it is odd that Mishiwaka also has two channels for PD Dispatch on the SAFE-T system

Car-to-Car would be on the Police 5 CH (Talkaround) channel on the Mishiwaka system.

daggit

Well I get zero traffic on the Mishawaka towers and Talk groups on the Mishawaka Public safety system. We found in the South Bend Tribune that a while back Mishawaka integrated their system with South Bend. On the Mishawaka public safety system I get nothing. Only thing I can get from Mishawaka are the two channels dispatch and channel 2 Mishawaka talk groups mixed into the South Bend system.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Looking closer at the dB, South Bend is on Mishiwaka's system. And, their main PD dispatch channels seem to be tied to their talk groups on the SAFE-T system (so either system should work for both town's PD dispatch).

troymail

Silent Key
Well I get zero traffic on the Mishawaka towers and Talk groups on the Mishawaka Public safety system. We found in the South Bend Tribune that a while back Mishawaka integrated their system with South Bend. On the Mishawaka public safety system I get nothing. Only thing I can get from Mishawaka are the two channels dispatch and channel 2 Mishawaka talk groups mixed into the South Bend system.

Just to be clear, you mean the St. Joseph County (South Bend) site(s) of SAFE-T system...correct?

daggit

yes correct. If I upload the Mishawaka towers and the talk groups in the Mishawaka public safety system I get absolutely nothing. Only Mishawaka channels I can get are dispatch and channel 2 of the south bend Safe T system.

Swipesy

In January 2017 The St Joseph County Public Safety Communication Center opened in Mishawaka. The center dispatches Mishawaka, South Bend and St Joseph County police and fire. The center is being paid for by funds from these three entities. I also read that the former Mishawaka P25 System was absorbed by the Indiana Safe-T system and at the time of the absorbtion some of the Mishawaka Towers were incorporated in the Indiana Safe-T system.. I guess the answer to the Mishawaka issue is if you can hear South Bend and you can hear St Joseph County then you should hear Mishawaka. There are only two choices here. They are either using the Indiana Safe-T towers in St Joseph County or the old Mishawaka P-25. If the OP doesn;t hear squat on the old system then they have to be on Indiana Safe-T system or RadioReference database has the wrong control channels for one or both those systems.

The answer should be given by someone who lives in the area that knows for sure what is going on there.

PS - St Joseph County is on Broadcastify which says they are on the Indiana Safe-T system.

Last edited:

daggit

I hear the two channels, Mishawaka dispatch and Mishawaka channel 2 through the safety T South Bend towers. They are the only ones listed under the the South Bend Safety T system. I know there are more Mishawaka talk groups they are just not listed in RR.

daggit

I'm just surprised because Mishawaka really isn't that small (nor is it that big) but I would think others would have info on here about Mishawaka. Years ago when I used to get Mishawaka the traffic would be nonstop. Im sure there is a solution here. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

Swipesy

Why don't you just contact the person who is Broadcastify Mishawaka and ask him what configuration and Talkgroups he is using?

vocoder

SB pd and M pd are on Safe T St joey county simulcast. They are even heard through peer, Safe T Laporte county simulcast. And yes, the old system was absorbed into the Safe T simulcast. When they opened the new dispatch center, the pd's changed their radio calling signatures. If you search aound the IN forum you will find other info on this.

Last edited:

vocoder

Looking in the radio codeplug, the Safe T tg,s are:

M pd. 12242

SB pd. 12251

St Joey sheriff. 12275

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
If the system/site is being received well and all known talkgroups are programmed but you seem to be missing some unknown but expected talkgroups, I recommend adding a wildcard object to the WS1065 programming and begin looking for those unknown (or at least not posted) talkgroups.

Sorry - I said "ID Search" earlier - was thinking you had a Uniden....

Status
Not open for further replies.