can't/won't display ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlaukaitis

Premium Subscriber
Hello

I have just set my pro-160 up for rebanding which seems to be working ok. I can't see any of the ID's come up. They are still in the scanner but even if I use open mode and use the func + text nothing shows.

I only have the one MOT bank and I changed the frequencies only in that bank.

Maybe I should delete what is there and let the scanner find them?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for your help

N8IAA

Since we don't know where/what you are programming, we can't help. If you check the RR Wiki for your scanner, you'll see that custom tables need to be programmed for re-banded systems. This can only be done with software. The only programming software is ARC160. You'll need the RS USB programming cable, part # 20-047, which is on sale at the shack. Yo may want to post in your state forum also.
HTH,
Larry

wlaukaitis

Premium Subscriber
Fixed it

I have that cable that works on my 756-pro as well.

The mode changed when I put in the new freqs. I did buy the ARC-160, very buggy.

I was/am programing Suffolk County NY, it is a fresh reband so I think there was some slight confusion but W2LIE managed to figure it out.

actually I programmed the tables at the scanner, the software (as far as I know) won't do it. I'll have to look for some more support on arc160.

So if you change the frequencies in a previous motorola trunk bank (ex. 868 to 851) make sure you set the mode to MOT.

I think this may happen no matter what or where you are programming.

Thank for your help

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If you check the RR Wiki for your scanner, you'll see that custom tables need to be programmed for re-banded systems. This can only be done with software.

That's not accurate at all. Custom tables can be entered into the PRO-160/162 manually rather easily, no software required.

The mode changed when I put in the new freqs. I did buy the ARC-160, very buggy.

It sure is buggy, likes to change a lot of settings when uploading. It's so frustrating that I've just about given up on it and program most stuff by hand into my PRO-160. :roll:

I was/am programing Suffolk County NY, it is a fresh reband so I think there was some slight confusion but W2LIE managed to figure it out

The trouble with the Suffolk system is that they're still using the old frequencies in addition to the new rebanded one, which means it's not a properly rebanded system. Hence the scanner's confusion. W2LIE did a good job figuring out the custom tables, until they stop using the old frequencies that is, then the standard reband tables should work just fine.

actually I programmed the tables at the scanner, the software (as far as I know) won't do it. I'll have to look for some more support on arc160.

W2LIE was having trouble with his PRO-162 on the system, which is the handheld version of the PRO-160. You might want to contact him and see if he's figured it out yet.

So if you change the frequencies in a previous motorola trunk bank (ex. 868 to 851) make sure you set the mode to MOT.

Yup, always make sure to set them to MOT instead of FM. I've seen ARC160 screw trunked frequencies up after an upload, so it's definitely worth double checking. But even entering them manually, you have to make sure to FN+TRUNK in PGM mode to set them to MOT.

N2ZUL

works awesome (for now)

I just scan the control channel with the tables that w2lie posted on his site.

Yes the arc160 did change some things and cut&paste does not work.

thankfully it did not erase my ID's.

It pained me to buy the software but I bit the bullet and bought it. I guess it has been helpful to a certain degree

DickH

Every freq. above 854.000 is already in the PRO-160 and 162 bandplan so it is not necessary to add custom band plans for those freqs. The problems occur with freqs. in the 851 to 854 range that have a zero in the 4th decimal place (like 851.0250, etc.). The standard band plan for those freqs. covers only freqs. with a 5 in that 4th decimal place (like 851.0125, etc.). Therefore you must put in a custom band plan to add those "zero" freqs. Motorola has used channel numbers starting with 440.

Extensive work was done on the Utah state system by KE7XM and he developed custom band plans that work very well on the PRO-160 and 162.
There are 4 possible configurations of band plans that may or may not work, depending on the individual system, determined by trial and error.

I have documented the 4 options with detailed explanation about all of it.
Join this free group. PRO-160-162 : PRO-160-162 scanner help
All the info. is in the group FILES section.

By the way, I haven't found ARC160 to be at all "buggy".

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
By the way, I haven't found ARC160 to be at all "buggy".

My sincerest congratulations if true. You are in the smallest minority and must have some fantastic luck in life. May I ask what version you're running? I've had trouble with the software for the past year, up to and including the very latest release as well as the special "RR" release. :(

DickH

my sincerest congratulations if true. You are in the smallest minority and must have some fantastic luck in life. May i ask what version you're running? I've had trouble with the software for the past year, up to and including the very latest release as well as the special "rr" release. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.