Canton NXDN System

Status
Not open for further replies.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone verify that this system is still on the air and RAN of 39 is correct? Have not been able to receive it on my SDS200 at all.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7732

Have programmed every way possible. Thanks in advance.

It was correct in December of '18 when I was working at my corp office. I did have to program my BCD430 as a conventional system using the frequencies listed. That's the only way I could get them to work.

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
It was correct in December of '18 when I was working at my corp office. I did have to program my BCD430 as a conventional system using the frequencies listed. That's the only way I could get them to work.

That's about the last time I heard them. Programmed it as a NXDN trunk with a ran of 39 and tg100 and it worked great on my SDS100. Have tried single NXDN freq with a ran of 39, search for ran, everything. I hear the digital signal listening on analog, but no decodes. have not heard any nxdn on the sds200 at all. Don't have an nxdn rig to test. Do a lcn search and nothing for days. Frustrating.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
I have. For days lol. nxdn has always been tough for some reason. DMR and P25 much easier.

I don't remember how my LCN search turned out. I think that it never did hit anything and that's when I just programmed all the frequencies for Canton in my scanner and they worked. The RAN flashed 39 when receiving a call.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
You are correct buddrousa but never the less the only way I could receive Canton PD was to program all the fixed base frequencies for North and South in my scanner and I did use RAN 39 in the squelch code and that was the only way I could pick them up. If I could open my archive of those transmissions I believe they only used 2 frequencies anyway. From what I heard they are switching to a P25 system in the near future anyway. I don't work up there right now and don't know if the info is still correct.

Last edited:

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
It is still on the air. Programmed the four frequencies in as Conventional, set to digital only and a RAN of 39 and the SDS200 is receiving it. Signal weaker than my old 536, but VHF on the SDS200 is slightly weaker. Plus the system hardly has any traffic on it.

cejay

I live in Canton, Ga, closer to Holly Springs. We are right inside the Canton, Ga city limits, and I hate that I cant pick their PD at all. I dont have an NXDN capable scanner, just the trust bc396 ive had for years. I pick up Cobb PD etc just fine on the P25 system. It is september now. Is Canton PD moving to standard P25 (will it be phase 2? My old bc396 will only pickup phase 1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.