Cap Codes ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compusys2000

This is probably the wrong place to post this (please forgive me - Im the new guy around here and its my first post)

I live in Montgomery County, PA. and am looking for "Cap codes" for a fire company pager and some software to program it. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

JLJR

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Have the Fire Company send you or your pager to the same people who programmed the rest of the counties equipment.

Compusys2000 said:
This is probably the wrong place to post this (please forgive me - Im the new guy around here and its my first post)

I live in Montgomery County, PA. and am looking for "Cap codes" for a fire company pager and some software to program it. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

JLJR

CommJunkie

Compusys2000 said:

JLJR

Montco has so many capcodes, it's difficult to say if they have a uniform code layout, like Delaware County does. I assume you are looking at the Apollo pager, since that seems to be the hot thing right now. They come with the software to do it, for a price.

www.apollowireless.com

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
CommJunkie said:
Montco has so many capcodes, it's difficult to say if they have a uniform code layout, like Delaware County does. I assume you are looking at the Apollo pager, since that seems to be the hot thing right now. They come with the software to do it, for a price.

www.apollowireless.com

The Pilot XP pager can be programmed by hand.

You can set / change frequency and all 8 capcodes without software.

all other settings will require the software and cradle.

MontCo CAP Codes

JLJR

Montgomery County uses the following CAP code format:
For fire companies with station IDs less than 100: 10xx005 where xx is the station number
For fire companies with station IDs greater than 99: 11xxx05 where xxx is the station number
Examples:
Willow Grove - Station 10 - 1010005
Hatboro - Station 95 = 1095005
Noristown - Station 27 = 1027005
Abington - Station 100 = 1110005
Weldon - Station 300 = 1130005

Ambulance companies use the format 0xxx005 where xxx is the station number.
Examples:
Second Alarmers - Station 353 = 0353005
Plymouth Community Ambulance - 308 = 0308005

There are 4 "slots" in every cap code these are:
Slot 1 = Fire, Slot 2 = Officers, Slot 3 = Fire Police, and Slot 4 = QRS

Montgomery County PA operates on a frequency of 154.0250 at 1200 baud.

Hope this helps.

BTW, you can find a complete list of station numbers can be found on the MontCo EDS web site
dps: Scanner Information

scanjunkie

There are 4 "slots" in every cap code these are:
Slot 1 = Fire, Slot 2 = Officers, Slot 3 = Fire Police, and Slot 4 = QRS

The above format for the function bits (slots) is not an across the board deal. Some fire companies vary in their usage. Some FC's will use the cap code of 1XXX013 for Fire Police. Some companies with more than one station may break up the function bits by station. It all depends.

There are other cap codes used for Fire and EMS all calls, chiefs, EMA, etc, etc. I'm not going to share those as I'm not 100% sure the county wants them floating around.

scanjunkie

i can't get it down could someone help me out

Remove the battery
While holding down the center button, replace the battery
Keep holding the center button until the 1st cap code appears in the display
You can then use the L & R arrow keys to move the cursor
Use the UP & DOWN arrow keys to change the values
Use the large button to the right to move to the next cap code

Good luck and enjoy! Let me know if you have any other questions.

scanjunkie

Make sure you hold the center button down while putting the battery back in the pager. Don't let the button go until you see the Cap Codes pop up on the display.

n3qam

If you have a scanner that you can do a discriminator tap on , you can use a program on your pc called PDW , and run the tap audio into your sound card , and view all the paging , then find your cap codes from there.

scanjunkie

hand programming didnt work for me, could there be a lock?

That is very possible...when programming the pager on the computer there is an option in the software to allow hand programming. I'm guessing that was not enabled when your pager was originally programmed.

If you want to get it enabled have the original programmer do it for you or send me a PM and I'll direct you to someone who can do that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.