BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Cap+, Con+ Net and Site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Will a Con+ and Cap+ system always show Network and System information? I have a business I've been working on showing Cap+ as type, however there is no network or system information. Only TGID, Slot, and Color Code. It's programmed as conventional. Can either system be without network and site?

Thanks

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Paul, I have another new system that became pretty active this morning. This one is showing Con with no network or site info. Just TGID, slot, and color code. Every Con+ I've seen thus far has had network and site info. While the 536 is receiving, Slot keeps changing between 1 and 2.

Is this possible? Should I just assume it's DMR?

Thanks,

D

DaveNF2G

Cap+ and Con+ and MotoTRBO are all DMR.

It sounds like you are getting a weak signal with either missing info or incorrect decoding of the system type.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Cap+ and Con+ and MotoTRBO are all DMR.

It sounds like you are getting a weak signal with either missing info or incorrect decoding of the system type.

What I actually meant was: Should I consider it to be simple DMR even though it shows it's Con. I do think you may be on to something with the weak signal. This business is in a new warehouse directly across the street from my work. I would think that signal would be strong, but it's a new system. Maybe they're still tweaking.

I adjusted the manual threshold from 5 to 7. Since then, on what I would consider the stronger signals, I'm now seeing DMR instead of Con on some frequencies. Slot still jumps back and forth though.

We'll see what happens in the coming weeks.

D

DaveNF2G

Another possibility, given the additional info about your location relative to the source, is that the signal is too strong. Sounds counterintuitive, but sometimes too much RF is as bad as too little. With most scanners that I have owned, reception has improved on VHF high band with the use of the attenuator. Digital decoding sometimes suffers when the signal is too strong and the scanner can't cope with the excess energy being transferred into the front end, which can basically cause the scanner to interfere with its own reception internally.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
My thought at the moment is that the repeater system is not yet operational. The license is listed as 25 watts. It's a 1.9 million square foot warehouse.

I live within 5 miles of the warehouse, so at 25 watts, I would think I should hear the business from home. I don't. I'm thinking if they are just simplex right now, that could be causing my problem.

I setup my CS750 to monitor, we'll see if that works any better.

My 536 is able to hear this business but my 436 is deaf. This business is operating on UHF. They're using what I would normally consider repeater frequencies. 456.xxx, 457.xxx, ect. I don't see that much around here except local fire private channels that are simplex.

According to what I've heard, the business will not be fully operational till the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.