Capable of listening to foreign feeds in English

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFR85

If this is the wrong forum please move it.

I was thinking. Not a lot of people speak French and people may want to listen to an area that only speaks French. I was wondering if there is a way to pass this on to Lindsay, that all foreign feeds have an option that you can listen either in French or English.

I know the audio is broadcasted in French but was wondering if there is a way to make it so other people can listen in like tourists or scanner hobbyists. Also areas that speak Spanish not everyone can understand it as well.

I think it would be a great idea what do you guys think?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Huh? Are you suggesting that feeds in French or Spanish be somehow "translated" into English? How exactly is that supposed to be accomplished in real time, except to hire full-time translators? Highly impractical, if not outright impossible, and such a service would cost a fortune.

NFR85

Huh? Are you suggesting that feeds in French or Spanish be somehow "translated" into English? How exactly is that supposed to be accomplished in real time, except to hire full-time translators? Highly impractical, if not outright impossible, and such a service would cost a fortune.

Forget it please close fourm was just an idea i had

Not a lot of people speak French

About 136 million people worldwide speak it as a mother tongue (about 2%). Around 190 million people speak French as a second language (that's a bit less than 3%, 2.8) and an additional 200 million speak it as an acquired foreign language (3%) .French speaking communities exist in 57 countries and territories.

Status
Not open for further replies.