Capacity Plus Turbo with 1 frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3fs

I have noticed that myself. There were a few stray hits on the other sites, but the site with the correct LCN has a majority of the traffic.

Went out and did some work on an unknown system in my area. It turned out to be capacity plus. The LCN finder found 0 channels. The problem was they had nine frequencies licensed. We were able to determine what frequencies were actually in use, set up multiple sites with different LCN assignments, and determine the LCN of the system, while the LCN finder still read 0/9. Both of us had a 436 and neither radio was successful in finding any LCN. Luckily each of us also brought along a 396XT, so we could tell what frequency we were receiving, to confirm the LCN was working.It would be nice to have frequency display on trunked systems.

catbird

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed that myself. There were a few stray hits on the other sites, but the site with the correct LCN has a majority of the traffic.

Went out and did some work on an unknown system in my area. It turned out to be capacity plus. The LCN finder found 0 channels. The problem was they had nine frequencies licensed. We were able to determine what frequencies were actually in use, set up multiple sites with different LCN assignments, and determine the LCN of the system, while the LCN finder still read 0/9. Both of us had a 436 and neither radio was successful in finding any LCN. Luckily each of us also brought along a 396XT, so we could tell what frequency we were receiving, to confirm the LCN was working.It would be nice to have frequency display on trunked systems.
Glad you hear someone else has had a similar experience. New one for me.
10-4 on the frequency display.

Drumbum

I 3rd the frequency display ,I'm trying to do a similar piece system together

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.