• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Careflight TG - Mansfield TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

soncorn

Does anybody monitor the Mansfield TRS regularly currently?

I see the Careflight TG is listed as deprecated now.

When I was monitoring it regularly (until March 2009) the TG was still in use when coordinating Careflight with the Fire Department for car accidents, etc.

Is there a new TG?

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody monitor the Mansfield TRS regularly currently?

I see the Careflight TG is listed as deprecated now.

When I was monitoring it regularly (until March 2009) the TG was still in use when coordinating Careflight with the Fire Department for car accidents, etc.

Is there a new TG?
I've just recently been able to start monitoring them (from Hurst), and yesterday heard activity on decimal 592/MFD-OPS. I believe it's still around so that Kennedale, Arlington, and others with analog radios can talk to Mansfield on mutual aid calls, so I believe 560 is probably still used for Care Flite/EMS Helos, but I can't say I've heard it recently.

I'll keep my eyes and ears out for activity.
Ben

soncorn

I can't be too far from you (I am southwest of the Trinity/Precinct Line intersection) and I have to hook up my external antenna and raise it above it's normal level to pick up Mansfield.

I used to live there and then I used to drive through there every day on my way to Midlothian for work.

In any case I agree that it is probably still used. I know they were still broadcasting the fire dispatch channel in digital and analog in March 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.