Carlisle Area Ham Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I traveled to and fro through the Carlisle area this weekend, and the two ham repeaters I found in a database somewhere on the internet, 145.270 & 147.000 (pl 118.8), were not working. I did catch a repeater on 145.430 but can't find that one listed on any database anywhere. Anyone know where it is?

Mike

W3DMV

145.430 (TONE 67.0) is the correct repeater for Carlisle. It is listed in repeater directories as
Mt Holly, Pa. which is just south of Carlisle a few miles.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
There are so many different databases out there - some are even very helpful with maps to pinpoint the repeater location. But sometimes repeaters get listed that are coordinated but never get put on the air :-( Or there are some that were up and are now down for various reasons, but they remain on/in the databases for years :-(

Mike

fineshot1

There are so many different databases out there - some are even very helpful with maps to pinpoint the repeater location. But sometimes repeaters get listed that are coordinated but never get put on the air :-( Or there are some that were up and are now down for various reasons, but they remain on/in the databases for years :-(

Mike

Hi Mike - that is the nature of ham radio(change). All you can do is look for a data source that
tracks the change and updates their database. That is why I gave you the link for ARCC who
is the area coordinating org and they update their db 2 or 3 times a year. This will not help you
with the uncoordinated repeaters but then no db will with that.

Have fun & good luck to ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.