Carmel Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatch2323

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if Carmel Dispatch is moving to the Sheriff's office in January?

W9NES

There was a member of the Carmel City Council that was trying to keep the Carmel 911 Center open. There was a Video Package on one of the local Metro Indianapolis TV stations that did a on camera interview about this some months back.The member of the City Council was not wanting to lay anyone off and felt that is was not fair to the resdients of Carmel/Clay Twp to let Hamilton County Communications do dispatching for The City of Carmel.

zerobleu

There is no official date yet as to this question.

True, no official date yet... There are several rumors going around about time frames but who knows... My bet is around the end of first quarter.

This Link is a meeting between Fishers, Carmel, and Hamilton County officials and has some information regarding the inter-local and a little bit about time frame but nothing is ever defined for those that are interested...

zerobleu

Thread Resurrection:

September 1st 2012 appears to be D-Day for both Carmel and Noblesville communications... A sad day for Hamilton County Dispatcher but also a bright new beginning and the end of a long grueling process to bring us all under one roof! (Well technically two, but that is a whole other story...)

SCPD

QRT
Dont know if this has been posted yet but Carmel fire DSP you can listen to the tone outs on a patch ID 15-145 for Carmel Fire DSP as well as others during this time switch. Radio traffic on the old DSP TG still but to hear tone outs and the runs try TG 15-145

zerobleu

Not quite sure yet how that's all going to operate but I would not look for any instant changes on the radio system level... That costs money and lots of time to reprogram everyone...

GTO_04

The system was in bypass mode early this morning. I don't know if it was due to a lightning strike or not. Some of the Noblesville/Westfield fire communications were taking place on SAFE-T though.

GTO_04

zerobleu

The system was in bypass mode early this morning. I don't know if it was due to a lightning strike or not. Some of the Noblesville/Westfield fire communications were taking place on SAFE-T though.

GTO_04

Just checked my email. There was a strike and that is normal procedure for Noblesville/Westfield in the event of a system failure.

IndianaKTMO

Premium Subscriber
I have heard that everything in Hamilton County will be dispatched out of the main communications center at the Sheriff's Department beginning tomorrow. In a couple of weeks, all law enforcement will be dispatched from the Sheriff's Dept Center and fire-ems for the entire county will be done at the Carmel Comm Center. One center but two different locations. One for LE and one for EMS and Fire. Just what I heard, I am in no way any official nor do I have "inside" information.

A

Agentblack

I have heard that everything in Hamilton County will be dispatched out of the main communications center at the Sheriff's Department beginning tomorrow. In a couple of weeks, all law enforcement will be dispatched from the Sheriff's Dept Center and fire-ems for the entire county will be done at the Carmel Comm Center. One center but two different locations. One for LE and one for EMS and Fire. Just what I heard, I am in no way any official nor do I have "inside" information.

That is correct. This is the intended plan and course of action as it stands now. The official cut over will be 0600 hours Monday August 27th. Nothing will be changing as far as talk groups at this time.

W9NES

The audio on 154.010 is a very clear now and we can hear the dipatch.Sounds like they got the problem fixed with the garbled audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.