• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Cats and Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his estimation, he probably caught it there.
Now that you mention, RD, he was VERY pissed at them. He had to be handled with big leather gloves and other precautions.

Prior to that, he was just a big happy cat. All the techs and front office people would go out of their way to come and say hi to him whenever we'd visit. They didn't say hi to ME, mind you, but hey....

Little did the poor guy know that it was his guardian, yours truly, that "gave" him diabetes, due to my allowing his weight to get up to 22.5lbs!

I eventually got him down to his "fighting weight", so to speak, of 14.5lbs, with a drastic change in his diet and feeding habits. Too little, too late.

RadioDaze

Premium Subscriber
Labrador Retriever, 22.5 lbs. = anorexic, or puppy.
Cat, 22.5 lbs. = Sumo candidate.
Syrian hamster, 5 oz. = pretty average.

Do you get what I'm trying to say here?
Because I have no idea. I just finally found out where the "=" key was on my keyboard, and was enjoying it.

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
Here is my cat Missy sleeping on some Coax
Missy is a gorgeous cat!

I have two myself. One is a plastic chewer and while the other isn't, both seem attracted to the antenna on my 106. A prior cat chewed the tip away to the metal underneath, but it still worked. I'll have to see if their majesties will allow me to take a picture of them snacking on my scanner...

Morris at the Door!

Here is my cat Missy sleeping on some Coax
Now that's what i call Guarding the Coax :p.. My Aunts cat Morris that looked just about like Sylvester that's here in the thread liked coming to the Door & pulling himself up to wear he could Ring the Door Bell..

More than once my aunt thought it was some person at the Door then she would see Morris and would say Morris are you doing that Na it can't be You and then she seen him in the Act.. what she said next i can't repeat on here but it was cute when she told the story of him Ringing that Door Bell.. Ra

My mom has a friend that had a Siamese that could turn the doorknob to the front door of her apartment!

Your aunt's cat and that Siamese could be a real pair of cat burglars!

Well Jim i mentioned some about Turd but i didn't mention my Cat that i Got after turd passed away but since you mentioned in your Post about Siamese Cat's i have to tell you about Spunky Spunk for short..

When i lost Turd i was no fun for my folks to put up with! it was hard for me to deal with losing him having and Animal like him for as long as i did but my folks told me you can't bring him back but maybe getting another Cat might help some of your missing of Turd i said No cat will ever Come close to Turd and there Won't.

But when i seen Spunk for the First time i knew he was going Home with me there was more Cat in him than two cats put together and when he was in the Cage he got my attention when he climbed to the top of the Cage and Meowed take me Home).

He was a Shelter Cat they found him on the Streets but when i looked him over he looked in Good shape the only thing he had a Few Flees but i got Rid of then Rather Quickly.

But being the Cat he was and his Breed he had more Smarts that of any Dog he could play Catch with a Small Ball & he love Chasing Squirrels and about one of them Cornered but the Little thing Jump to the Tree but he Didn't get down till Spunk left the Area..

But With having spunky it helped me Cope with Turds Loss but i too had to give spunky up for we had to Move and with that there was the Rules No Pets allowed but i got see Spunky for a while he was at my Brothers place but one day he Walked off and didn't return back..

So with that i have Spunky an turd in my Memory and will remember the Fun times i had with them..

Here's Two Pictures of Spunky
One in his i'd Rather give a D--- Look" and the Next one i think will get every one's Attention His Rear feet is Completely off the Ground

Attachments

Last edited:
Well Jim i mentioned some about Turd but i didn't mention my Cat that i Got after turd passed away but since you mentioned in your Post about Siamese Cat's i have to tell you about Spunky Spunk for short..

When i lost Turd i was no fun for my folks to put up with! it was hard for me to deal with losing him having and Animal like him for as long as i did but my folks told me you can't bring him back but maybe getting another Cat might help some of your missing of Turd i said No cat will ever Come close to Turd and there Won't.

But when i seen Spunk for the First time i knew he was going Home with me there was more Cat in him than two cats put together and when he was in the Cage he got my attention when he climbed to the top of the Cage and Meowed take me Home).

He was a Shelter Cat they found him on the Streets but when i looked him over he looked in Good shape the only thing he had a Few Flees but i got Rid of then Rather Quickly.

But being the Cat he was and his Breed he had more Smarts that of any Dog he could play Catch with a Small Ball & he love Chasing Squirrels and about one of them Cornered but the Little thing Jump to the Tree but he Didn't get down till Spunk left the Area..

But With having spunky it helped me Cope with Turds Loss but i too had to give spunky up for we had to Move and with that there was the Rules No Pets allowed but i got see Spunky for a while he was at my Brothers place but one day he Walked off and didn't return back..

So with that i have Spunky an turd in my Memory and will remember the Fun times i had with them..

Here's Two Pictures of Spunky
One in his i'd Rather give a D--- Look" and the Next one i think will get every one's Attention His Rear feet is Completely off the Ground
Sorry for your loss on both counts, I know what that's like, Ra. I also can't have another cat for the time being, but I gave great memories of BC the Wonder Cat (who also played fetch, but with big rubber bands, btw).

They need to invent a cat that can live a healthy life for, let's say, thirty or forty years. That would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.