• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Cats and Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those little Guys look almost like Chartreux's A very Good breed of Cat). Wear i once live this Lady razed and bread Chatreux's Cats i almost got one for Free but we got my Siamese instead but they can go for a pretty High Price.! But there eyes are so pretty..

They're not of any particular breed; their littermate was a dark grey tabby (I wish I kept that one, too.....but he has a very good home).

Buzz (the one on the left) seems to like Radio Havana's music selections. She also pays close attention to my R-75 when I'm running through the freqs (It makes those weird noises that seem to attract a cat's attention.

FYI, it's not a good idea to have the cats around when one works on their gear.......what we call critical and essential parts, they call cat toys....LOL. That and I really don't want my cats contacting anything around the finals of my TS-830S.....that would be tragic.

I agree with that. It is okay to have them hanging around when operating or cruising the bands, but if you are working on stuff, it's a good idea to try (try, being the operative word) and keep the puddies away from the shack or workbench.

I also am into model rocketry......and I have a cat that has developed a taste for balsa rocket fins.......to the point where I've had to do some repairs.

Speaking of cats and rockets, DO NOT have a cat in your lap when launching rockets. A friend of mine did that and got badly scratched!

I also am into model rocketry......and I have a cat that has developed a taste for balsa rocket fins.......to the point where I've had to do some repairs.

Speaking of cats and rockets, DO NOT have a cat in your lap when launching rockets. A friend of mine did that and got badly scratched!
I am having a hard time imagining how anyone would have a cat in their lap while launching a rocket in the first place! Whenever I launched a rocket, when I was a kid, it was out in a field somewhere.

I am having a hard time imagining how anyone would have a cat in their lap while launching a rocket in the first place! Whenever I launched a rocket, when I was a kid, it was out in a field somewhere.
We were about 10 years old at the time. The field was right behind our houses at Pease AFB.

Failed experiment!

i cant stop looking at that pic and wondering what it is they are very focused with their attention on..... Buzz is staring down something with a look like... i WILL get that toy

while neil is like, meh need something new. i gotta find my "Laser eye" photo of one of mah kittehs!!

basically i took a photo of "Dave" at night, and the flash reflected perfectly off of his left eye back at the camera so well it created this........

here it is:

Attachments

Last edited:
i cant stop looking at that pic and wondering what it is they are very focused with their attention on..... Buzz is staring down something with a look like... i WILL get that toy

while neil is like, meh need something new. i gotta find my "Laser eye" photo of one of mah kittehs!!

basically i took a photo of "Dave" at night, and the flash reflected perfectly off of his left eye back at the camera so well it created this........

here it is:
You couldn't have done a better job with Photoshop!

He's got a twinkle in his eye, alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.