• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Cats and Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDaze

Premium Subscriber
Interesting fact: Photoshop was initially invented because that was the only way you could get a cat to wear a hat or any other funny thing, like satellite dishes on its ears, without getting your hand shredded off.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; ZTE-N910 Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

LOL wow, you two are taking it to a whole other level...

AC2OY

Premium Subscriber
This thread is great!! Was always a dog person until my wife wanted a cat! I never knew how affectionate they are!! Even though I'm severely allergic I still pet the kitties!! Eventually I desensitized along with the help of Algery medication. I should lower the HT one day and see if the kitties would paw it?! Great thread!!

Hi Fuzy!

My cat, BC, was a dog trapped in a cat's body. He played fetch, was always waiting by the door when I came home and always wanted to be part of the action whenever people came to visit.

Cat's and radios, oh yeah!

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
This is Timmy on 1/2/13 the day I got him:

http://imageshack.us/a/img705/4876/201301051119591902.jpg

Wink and Timmy (New name suggestions for Timmy, anyone?), who I got a month later, and my old cat Orville, a real bruiser at about 24 pounds, with my Pit Bull mix Gus. Gus went at 14.5 years old in 1999, and Orville went about a year later, at almost 17. He spent most of the last year in terror of my dog that died last December, King. Sadly, when Orville figured out King didn't want to kill him, he died soon afterwards. King loved messing with his head. King was one of the smartest dogs I've ever seen, but not in a good, trainable way. He frustrated more than one dog trainer, and me too, but he was my "dog of a lifetime", and truly a "Boss Dog" I really named him well, he didn't take anything from anyone or any other dog. The stare he sometimes gave other dogs often made them turn into a shaking mess.

Attachments

I don't have any cats (just not a cat person) but since you said pics of our K-9 companions are ok I thought I'd share one of my buddy Sammie. He's a Yorkshire Terrier (Yorkie), 2 1/2 years old, and as you can see he has a bad a** pink mohawk LOL :D

It's just a pic of him because if I get anywhere close to him with a radio he runs the other way LOL

And as a side note, it's just about time to change the color of it. You guys help me decide : Neon Blue or Neon Green??

**EDIT** - It won't let me post the picture in this post. See the next post for pic. Sorry for having to post twice.... Stupid technology lol

Status
Not open for further replies.