Cattaraugus County Public Safety Trunked

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2rea

Not sure. I have only been monitoring the new system. I don't even have the old frequencies programmed in.

Anyone know if the city of Olean is going to jump into the system?

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
Andy, Pretty sure that the Low Band has been shut down permanently. All FD's in the county have now migrated over to the High Band Trunking VHF frequencies.

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
Not sure. I have only been monitoring the new system. I don't even have the old frequencies programmed in.

Anyone know if the city of Olean is going to jump into the system?

Olean City has their own Frequency and from what I have been told that those FD's that need that frequency have them programmed into their radios that are on the new system.

k2hz

Database Admin
If the system is now operational it makes no sense that the 154.370 CC is still used for conventional Fire-Tac and the 154.725 ACC is still used for Law-Tac as listed in the RRDB. Someone in the area needs to confirm and submit the present status of these frequencies plus any other deprecated conventional frequencies as a result of migration to the trunked system.

D

DaveNF2G

I was visiting family in Catt Co over the weekend and had some opportunity to monitor from Olean and Franklinville.

There were a few fire and EMS calls and no traffic went over VHF low band at all. It's probably safe to deprecate those listings in the DB.

I was going to try to collect some RIDs but it was too quiet.

Does anyone know if the VHF 154.725 and all of the UHF 458 MHz listings in the DB are still good? The only Sheriff traffic I heard was trunked.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It's been a while since anyone has submitted anything for this system.

Can someone who is running Unitrunker or DSD+ on this system please provide some updates of the frequencies being used? Looking to confirm that the frequencies in the database are correct, that we're not missing any or don't have any listed that are not being used for trunking. Also want to confirm the control channels, are there really only two channels being announced as control capable?

For example:

159.405 is listed as a trunked repeater, however it's licensed as an input, not an output. Is 159.405 actually being used as a voice channel?

155.775 is licensed as a trunked repeater, but we don't have it listed as part of the system. Is 155.775 part of the system?

ak716

Premium Subscriber
So, while running DSD to obtain the new CC info, I've stumbled over a few undetermined/posted TG's. I can't get a good audio decode due to my location, but this is what I got

Incase anyone wants to plug those in an see what they get

w2rea

It sounds like Olean PD has joined the system. I believe I am hearing them on TG 5011 where the State Park Police formerly were. Can anyone confirm this? I will also punch in the above TG's and see what I hear.

w2rea

Olean PD disappeared from TG 5011. It sounded like a simulcast, must have been some kind of problem?

k2hz

Database Admin
I was at a site today where I was able to receive Cattaraugus and run DSD+. I confirmed 159.405 is a TDMA repeater output voice channel. I observed no trunked system activity on 155.775 but it is possible it could be used when the system is busy. This really needs someone in the area to run Unitrunker on the system.

Since 154.725 is consistently shown as an Alternate CC I remain skeptical it can also be a Law TAC frequency as reported in the RRDB.

BTFire21

I have been running DSD+ on this system for the last week. Here is the system info:
Site: 1.1 NAC=891

Channel 11-1712: 154.37 SCC VOICE
Channel 11-1854: 154.725 SCC VOICE
Channel 11-1917: 154.8825 CC
Channel 11-3726: 159.405 VOICE

ak716

Premium Subscriber
So, not fire, ems, or police related.... but I think Catt Co Highway Dept cut over to TRBO. 151.3400 (KNDL464), licensed to Catt Co, CC1, TG 1, Slot 1, sure sounds like county plowing operations. Kinda weird the county build out a system and highway hopped on TRBO. Idk about their analog channel if its still active.

Not sure if its DMR Conventional Networked or just repeated on that one frequency, if someone down that way wants to verify its not networked? I submitted it as conventional for now because that's how I get it, but they got a lot of 7K emission designators on their frequencies so it wouldn't be far fetched to be networked or more out there

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Kinda weird the county build out a system and highway hopped on TRBO.
If that system is really operating with just 3 FDMA traffic channels to support ~44 talkgroups, then it's already pushing the limits of capacity. Last thing you want is the Chatty Cathy DPW/Highway guys wasting valuable airtime. :cautious:

ak716

Premium Subscriber
If that system is really operating with just 3 FDMA traffic channels to support ~44 talkgroups, then it's already pushing the limits of capacity. Last thing you want is the Chatty Cathy DPW/Highway guys wasting valuable airtime. :cautious:

Good point, didn't think of it like that. That and cost of replacing the highway radios with P25 vs DMR. Just seemed kinda weird to me that everyone goes one way, and highway goes a different.

ak716

Premium Subscriber
That wouldn't make sense though....SaiaNet is UHF, this was ID'ing as just a conventional channel, not any crazy TG numbers or RID's

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yeah, SaiaNet doesn't make much sense considering the county has their own VHF license with DMR emissions that you found them operating under.

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
Andy, the Low Band dispatch 33.700 has been deprecated and deactivated, as All FD's in Catt. County are now switched over to 154.325 Dispatch. They are ALSO dispatching County Fire/EMS over the Catt. County Public Safety Trunked System due to the fact that Most All FD's within the County rely on Minitor 6's to alert the Vollies of a call and cannot receive the Trunked system. Salamanca City is also being dispatched on the 154.325 and The Trunked System just like the Vollies. The only Entity within the County not dispatched on 154.325 or the Trunked System is Olean City which has their own P25 Frequency.

jfhill57

Premium Subscriber
So I have a new BCD996P2 scanner and I am having issues with programming for Catt County. I am not picking up any frequencies when using the proscan app. But my old scanner still picks up Sheriffs and EMS without it being programmed for trunking. Anyone have any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.