CB Frequencies for st.paul,mn area for pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvikes1

I am having a hard time getting any cb/ham freqencies on my radio. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get these? Please help.

Tom

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A little duckie on CB is so inefficient it's not even worth discussing it. A better antenna is called for here. Are you using it as a base, base and mobile, just in your car, what?

best regards..Mike

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
CB in your scanner?? :eek: BLASPHEMY!! :twisted:

n9zas

rvikes1

Thanks Mike i'll try getting a new antenna. I use it as a base in my apartment. I am assuming that Radio Shack sells a better antenna for this scanner?

Tom

key2_altfire

Just in case you haven't tried - for getting ham frequencies you'll have much better luck using the output frequency of local repeaters. It's rare to hear simplex on ham radio (in my experience). If you tune to a repeater output you'll be more likely to hear it, plus a lot of hams will congregate on that frequency.

Amateur Radio Ham Radio Repeater Map

rcool101

Feed Provider
2 cents

For what its worth, I have a couple of scanners with ch 19 programed and on a 4 lane you'll be lucky to receive a half mile with the stock duckie. More like 1/4 mile

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
I used to carry my scanner in the car to listen to CB-19 while traveling, but got frustrated when I couldn't goin into a conversation. Now I carry my scanner, my HT-40 channel CB (with external antenna), and HT ham unit. While it's great to have the equipment, it is a lot of trouble at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.