CBSA at CYYZ gone silent......

Status
Not open for further replies.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I think they must have done a transition to a new system over the weekend.

I have been listening for hours now and dead silent.....

As of last week I was picking them up no problem.

Anyone have any info?

Jason

SCPD

QRT
Well Jason if that's true (which it probably is) this would mean the switch is probably almost complete.

I think the only analog users we have left on the old system is some police units with analog radios in 11 and 12 divisions, Mississauga transit (Miway) and Mississauga corporate security.

And BTW corporate security is the last Mississauga works talkgroup left on the od system.

SCPD

QRT
I'm not sure. Haven't seen any of there channels pop up, there probably going to be encrypted unfortunately. And I also forgot to mention that all the FD's are still on the old system

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure. Haven't seen any of there channels pop up, there probably going to be encrypted unfortunately. And I also forgot to mention that all the FD's are still on the old system

If they have not popped up on the Peel P25 system...question is, what are they using and it may or may not be encrypted...

who knows!

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Are they on the new GTAA system?

Someone out there must know....

I have not heard anywhere that they were going to the GTAA system..

Anything is possible.

If they did go to the GTAA, how could you tell...I have the new GTAA system programmed in, but of course it is all encrypted, and you just see the talkgroup ID....

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
I had a listen to the RCMP tower at the Airway Centre near CYYZ today for a few hours. I had my scanner in search mode and it never stopped once...Not for RCMP or anything else.

So not too sure about that system but no CBSA traffic there....

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.