CDF Aircraft Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMSJUNKY

Helicopter 901 and 902 are reserve helo's. They utilize these when the primary helos are into McClellan for maint. Tanker 100 is the reserve Tanker, and AA505 is the reserve OV-10 Air Attack Unit. These are also utilized when CDF is training new tanker / AA / Helitack personnel.

ahh I see we were talkin about it in scankids thread it was here last week covering BEU all week till 406 came back 902 that is. We also have 2 good fires here in the BEU they just call out local gov type 3's to cover some BEU stations. Also people keep calling in saying their is fire over in Fresno unit that they can see from over in BEU.

EMSJUNKY

yeah.. im up in scu, and heard AA140 heading down there as the relief AA the am. figured yall had something going

hardware1197

Premium Subscriber
Outsourced helo's?

I watched some air drops yesterday near Antioch, CA for a moderate sized fire at the base of Mt. Diablo. CDF crews on scene, standard air attack orbiting, and the East Bay Regional PPD helo and a blue helo ID "seven Hotel Charlie" tag teaming from a pond with buckets. The Helo was blue with the word "airlift" on the side. I could never get a view of the whole tail number....anyone know who it is? It looked like a super huey (UH1H).

For info air attack fixed wing had to divert so the helos went air to air on 122.92

At dusk the blue helo returned to Suisun.....don't know where, unless it lands at Camp Delta.

Last edited:

hardware1197

Premium Subscriber
It was Airlift

Pretty sure it was "Airlift." I looked up ARIS in the FAA database and they don't have a helo with an "N" number suffix of "HC"

BirkenVogt

Is it these guys? http://www.airliftheli.com/

As for the original post, 901, 902, tanker 100 and AA505 are officially spares but any time there is a fire it does not take long for them to get mobilized if they have crews available for them. Even if there is nothing else broke down.

Birken

Status
Not open for further replies.