• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

cdm 1550 ls+

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
im looking to buy a cdm 1550 ls+ but not sure how many conventional channels it has some say 16 others say 160 model number is AAM25KKF9DP6AN , also states that it will not encode or decode radio id in non trunking mode , am i better off with a cdn 1250 im new to this .

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
david

i was reading that it will only do 16 conventional is that true im new to this just wondering is someone posting wrong info on sites , i need 45 conventional channels with mdc encode and decode if i can do that i will buy but i need help , thank you .

N4KVE

People are able to “modify” the LS to do 160 conv freq’s. Basically they are “converting” it to the non LS version.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
i was reading that it will only do 16 conventional is that true im new to this just wondering is someone posting wrong info on sites , i need 45 conventional channels with mdc encode and decode if i can do that i will buy but i need help , thank you .

The trunking models will only do 16 conventional channels.
The non-trunking models will do more. How many depends on the exact model.

Be cautious on e-Bay. Some sellers will try to hide the fact that they are trunking radios.
There also is someone on e-bay that offers a service converting trunking radios to non-trunking radios, giving you more than 16 conventional channels.

Non-trunking models will do MDC.

Don't overlook the CDM-1250's, which will do 64 channels.

As always, Batwing Laboratories is a great source of information.

rich1125

Premium Subscriber
thank you guys i appreciate all the knowlegde you gave me

K2NEC

The model with the "6AN" model number has 160 conventional channels and can encode and decode MDC. If it is only a "5AN' you get 16 conventional channels and I think some have MDC and some don't.

bumby

Premium Subscriber
CDM 1550 ls+

I just programmed one a couple days ago, and one thing to note is that while there are various model # versions with X amount of channels that can be programmed, you can only create scan lists with 16 memories or channels to scan. You can have several scan lists, but can only scan 16 channels at a time.

K2NEC

I just programmed one a couple days ago, and one thing to note is that while there are various model # versions with X amount of channels that can be programmed, you can only create scan lists with 16 memories or channels to scan. You can have several scan lists, but can only scan 16 channels at a time.
I think that's on all Moto radio's regardless of the LTR trunking or not. I think the XPR7550 and APX might be different scan list wise but maybe someone else can confirm that.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
XPR will only do 15+1 as usual, the APX is 50 channels I think. Not sure, never had a need to max it out but it will do more than the standard 15+1.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I think that's on all Moto radio's regardless of the LTR trunking or not. I think the XPR7550 and APX might be different scan list wise but maybe someone else can confirm that.

I seem to remember something about the Syntor X9000 being able to handle 64 channels or more in it's scan list but that's a derelict of a radio these days.

XPR will only do 15+1 as usual, the APX is 50 channels I think. Not sure, never had a need to max it out but it will do more than the standard 15+1.

But does that hold true for trunking as well? All of the APX SU's I've dealt with were built off of Astro 25 templates and as a result held the 10 talk group scan limit in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.