• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Cellphone Ringtones

Status
Not open for further replies.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
Has anybody used a good ringtone web-site? I've used Matrixm.com, but their site is gone now.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
kingpin said:
Why not make your own instead of paying for them? That's what I do :)
I like that idea. I've done some reading on how to do it... just haven't tried yet. I have a Verizon LG Vx8000. If anyone has advice... I'd listen. Thanks

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
I have a Motorola, actually have had several and I use MP3 files. I crop out the stuff I don't want and I upload them to the phone with Motorola Phone Tools software and USB cable.
Real easy...unlike programming their radios! LOL

KLH

Premium Subscriber
A good cell phone discussion forum is www.howardforums.com

From there you can go into the LG forum, and look at the topics on how to send yourself ringtones.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
N_Jay said:
What phone do you have?
Sanyo RL-4930 through Sprint. I can download them via the net through their website, but I want to create my own. Just for fun, I'd like to change the Ready Link to sound like MODAT, but only for a few days as it would get very old.

Wife has the flip phone version with Ready Link and wants Sex In The City on hers.

LedZeppelin

tglendye said:
I like that idea. I've done some reading on how to do it... just haven't tried yet. I have a Verizon LG Vx8000. If anyone has advice... I'd listen. Thanks
I have that same phone. What I do is send an email, with a small mp3 attached (usually 900KB or less) to myself at "areacodephonenumber@vzwpix.com" (minus the quotes). It sends a pix message. I then go into the options of that message, save sound, and then set that sound as my ringtone.

I don't think that works for the newer versions of the LG VX8000, such as the VX8300, but it works for my 8000.

Also, make sure the mp3 is good quality, as some are hard to hear when you set them as a ringtone. I've never had a problem with a good ripped mp3 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.