CEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is CEMS and do they relate to C-MED in any way? They use Fleetsync and they do not announce whether they go to hospitals or not. Any additional info would be nice. Their frequency is 463.075.

ecps92

463.0750 is a CMED channel of MED4, not a Service Provider channel
This is the Call-In channel to CMED where they then get assigned another channel to converse with the Hospital

Middlesex County EMS - Scan New England Wiki
Worcester County EMS - Scan New England Wiki
Scroll to the bottom of each page for the Regional CMED info

What is CEMS and do they relate to C-MED in any way? They use Fleetsync and they do not announce whether they go to hospitals or not. Any additional info would be nice. Their frequency is 463.075.

garys

Premium Subscriber
That makes sense, ecps92. I wasn't thinking along those lines, but since the actual name of the company is "Marlboro - Hudson Ambulance" and "Community" is a dba, it's probably what they are talking about.

Without looking at the SNE Wiki, I think they are the 9-1-1 provider for Marlboro.

ecps92

OEMS lists them as two different companies each with it's own License# [but that file is from Fenruary 2018]
3606 = Community EMS INC
3036 = Marlboro Hudson and Wheelchair Service

That makes sense, ecps92. I wasn't thinking along those lines, but since the actual name of the company is "Marlboro - Hudson Ambulance" and "Community" is a dba, it's probably what they are talking about.

Without looking at the SNE Wiki, I think they are the 9-1-1 provider for Marlboro.

garys

Premium Subscriber
OEMS and the Secretary of State may have different rules. I'd suspect that if you looked at Cataldo and Atlantic, you'd find different numbers as well. Ambulance services sometimes use different dba names for business purposes, even though they are owned by the same people.

The FCC data for Marlboro Hudson WQLI708, shows 401 Cedar St in Marlboro as their address.

OEMS lists them as two different companies each with it's own License# [but that file is from Fenruary 2018]
3606 = Community EMS INC
3036 = Marlboro Hudson and Wheelchair Service

garys

Premium Subscriber
Fleetsync is a data system that can be used to send unit IDs, text messages, and other information over the radio. They may well use it for dispatch, and unit status changes. They may even have it connected to their CAD system to send dispatch information to laptops in the ambulances.

FleetSync is the generic name for KENWOOD's proprietary message communications system that utilizes MSK (Minimum Shift Keying) signaling.
FleetSync allows the user to identify individual transceivers as well as send and receive text messages. FleetSync also supports serial communications, allowing the user to connect a computer or other external device to the transceiver. FleetSync provides diverse messaging functions not possible with conventional voice communications, and it supports a wide variety of operating environments.
FleetSync is a registered trademark of JVCKENWOOD Corporation.

There may be minimal voice traffic on their dispatch channel. In addition to 462.037500 (179.9), they are licensed on 464.587500 &
464.762500. 484.5875 is licensed for two forms of digital data transmission, so that might be where they are operating Fleetsync.

The transmitter site for all three is on Nobscott Hill in Framingham, so you might be able to pick them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.