Centerfire Vhf Groundplane 108mhz-136mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAR923

You can do just as well with a much less expensive Radio Shack 20-176 quarter wave ground plane.

1/4 wave ground plane antenna

The RS antenna mentioned above (a.k.a. - sputnik) will work ok but is 4" too short for a 1/4 wave in the vhf high airband.

There are high gain omni directional antennas but they don't actually have an even radiation pattern.

This company actually makes them to order per frequency and can even make a second element for one other frequency on the same antenna.

http://www.arrowantennas.com/

mikieii

I have used this antenna for VHF civilian aviation monitoring for 11 months with excellent results. The antenna is mounted on a Rhon tower at the 52 foot level 36 inches from the tower face. Coax is Andrew heliax fed to a Tair base unit and a Cessna 300 com aircraft radio. Previous monitor antenna was a Ringo Ranger modified to the 118-136 mhz band. The Centerfire gives equal or better results and is much smaller. I also use the Centerfire Discone for VHf/UHF monitoring on another receiver with excellent results.

Turbo68

I bought the antenna and put it up on a pole and using belden-9913 coax cable and i am surprised because its doing a good job on monitoring the airbands and compering it to my other custom made airband antennas and others.

Regards Lino.

Status
Not open for further replies.