• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Central Mass Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand new to scanning...got a couple questions/comments about the area.

1. MSP Stop Team: I'd assume if they're out on a non-dispatched operation they'll use either a X-PTL-# or SOPS talkgroup but I may be wrong. I haven't heard 'em yet. Anyone know the answer to this?

2. Worcester PD: Especially their lesser-used talkgroups like Street Crimes and SWAT/Talkaround are funny as hell to listen to.

3. Any interesting non-public-safety frequencies around here, disregarding private ambulance services? I've got a couple in.

4. Anyone know what Wachusett Mountain Ski Area personnel use, both for regular operations and ski patrol? I found a few licenses but haven't heard anything related on 'em.

5. Haven't heard anything interesting on NEMLEC for over a month. I'd assume this is where the NEMLEC team communicates as well, but I could be wrong. Ideas?

Thanks guys!

Edit:
6. Any regularly used federal freqs in the area? I have two banks full and haven't caught a whisper.

Last edited:
1. Yes. Typically STOP team is a secondary function. Units are normally assigned to Patrol or a specialized unit. [Narc, Auto Theft, etc]

5. NEMLEC is also affiliated with BAPERN and when they might be on one of those channels as well as descrete other [Non Repeater] channels.

6.) FEDS FEDS FEDS , they are out there. AS channels change, based upon where the Operation is, you might hear something, you might not.

PM me with your City/Town and what you currently are scanning for FEDS.

pharmakopp said:
Brand new to scanning...got a couple questions/comments about the area.

1. MSP Stop Team: I'd assume if they're out on a non-dispatched operation they'll use either a X-PTL-# or SOPS talkgroup but I may be wrong. I haven't heard 'em yet. Anyone know the answer to this?

2. Worcester PD: Especially their lesser-used talkgroups like Street Crimes and SWAT/Talkaround are funny as hell to listen to.

3. Any interesting non-public-safety frequencies around here, disregarding private ambulance services? I've got a couple in.

4. Anyone know what Wachusett Mountain Ski Area personnel use, both for regular operations and ski patrol? I found a few licenses but haven't heard anything related on 'em.

5. Haven't heard anything interesting on NEMLEC for over a month. I'd assume this is where the NEMLEC team communicates as well, but I could be wrong. Ideas?

Thanks guys!

Edit:
6. Any regularly used federal freqs in the area? I have two banks full and haven't caught a whisper.

Status
Not open for further replies.