Central Mass Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmakopp

Brand new to scanning...got a couple questions/comments about the area.

1. MSP Stop Team: I'd assume if they're out on a non-dispatched operation they'll use either a X-PTL-# or SOPS talkgroup but I may be wrong. I haven't heard 'em yet. Anyone know the answer to this?

2. Worcester PD: Especially their lesser-used talkgroups like Street Crimes and SWAT/Talkaround are funny as hell to listen to.

3. Any interesting non-public-safety frequencies around here, disregarding private ambulance services? I've got a couple in.

4. Anyone know what Wachusett Mountain Ski Area personnel use, both for regular operations and ski patrol? I found a few licenses but haven't heard anything related on 'em.

5. Haven't heard anything interesting on NEMLEC for over a month. I'd assume this is where the NEMLEC team communicates as well, but I could be wrong. Ideas?

Thanks guys!

Edit:
6. Any regularly used federal freqs in the area? I have two banks full and haven't caught a whisper.

Last edited:

ecps92

1. Yes. Typically STOP team is a secondary function. Units are normally assigned to Patrol or a specialized unit. [Narc, Auto Theft, etc]

5. NEMLEC is also affiliated with BAPERN and when they might be on one of those channels as well as descrete other [Non Repeater] channels.

6.) FEDS FEDS FEDS , they are out there. AS channels change, based upon where the Operation is, you might hear something, you might not.

PM me with your City/Town and what you currently are scanning for FEDS.

pharmakopp said:
Brand new to scanning...got a couple questions/comments about the area.

1. MSP Stop Team: I'd assume if they're out on a non-dispatched operation they'll use either a X-PTL-# or SOPS talkgroup but I may be wrong. I haven't heard 'em yet. Anyone know the answer to this?

2. Worcester PD: Especially their lesser-used talkgroups like Street Crimes and SWAT/Talkaround are funny as hell to listen to.

3. Any interesting non-public-safety frequencies around here, disregarding private ambulance services? I've got a couple in.

4. Anyone know what Wachusett Mountain Ski Area personnel use, both for regular operations and ski patrol? I found a few licenses but haven't heard anything related on 'em.

5. Haven't heard anything interesting on NEMLEC for over a month. I'd assume this is where the NEMLEC team communicates as well, but I could be wrong. Ideas?

Thanks guys!

Edit:
6. Any regularly used federal freqs in the area? I have two banks full and haven't caught a whisper.

Status
Not open for further replies.