Central PA DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAGANC412912

So i recently moved to central PA. Border of Centre & Clinton Counties. I found a Capacity Plus System used by First Quality Tissue. I only have a BCD436HP and dont know LCNs. I also found Site 30 & 19 for the PA Digital Radio but got bad signal. Anyone else in the area that can confirm LCNs & help find the control channel to the 2 sites? I tried to submit all frequency info for First Quality Tissue but it got rejected because of no LCN info which i didnt think you needed for CAP+ since its programmed and works.

PAGANC412912

Yeah i saw using the tool. Not trucked i dont think at least but i had hits on First Quality Tissue with TGs of 100, 101, & 108. Cant tell what they are used for but no LCNs programmed and works showing CAP on the BCD436HP. I dont have DSD so im stuck with what i got

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
So i recently moved to central PA. Border of Centre & Clinton Counties. I found a Capacity Plus System used by First Quality Tissue. I only have a BCD436HP and dont know LCNs. I also found Site 30 & 19 for the PA Digital Radio but got bad signal. Anyone else in the area that can confirm LCNs & help find the control channel to the 2 sites? I tried to submit all frequency info for First Quality Tissue but it got rejected because of no LCN info which i didnt think you needed for CAP+ since its programmed and works.

There is a very long thread here on the forums about poor UHF performance on the BCD436HP (if you are using an attached antenna like a ducky). If that is what you are doing, you might want to consider reading this thread. If you are using an external antenna, disregard.

Capacity Plus sites do indeed have LCNs, and one does need to know the LCNs to properly trunktrack them. If you program in the Cap+ frequency as a MotoTRBO Trunk system or as a single channel DMR, it may reveal more information when you are monitoring it in that made [versus custom search].

For CON+ sites (like 19/30 that you mentioned), The LCN information is not broadcast on the voice channels. Figuring out LCNs usually entails having multiple scanners (or a scanner and an SDR device). Alternatively, for the CON+ sites, if you program a MotoTRBO Trunk system into Sentinel, and then add the sites (along with any associated frequencies you know are on that site as well as any that you suspect may be on that site), you can then use the BCD436 LCN finder to monitor that specific site and attempt to determine the LCN order. Of course, that does require decent reception and it does require the site to have some activity on it.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.