Central planing rebanding has begun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumbum

I heard an anouncement tone out over the fire and rescue channel today that they (Macom) were rebanding radios this week. what will i have to do to keep recieving (BC-396t) and does anyone know when this should be up full time? Im guessing they will be simulcasting untill it is complete in order for the transition to go smoothly. Am i correct

Lee Durham,

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Drumbum said:
I heard an anouncement tone out over the fire and rescue channel today that they (Macom) were rebanding radios this week. what will i have to do to keep recieving (BC-396t) and does anyone know when this should be up full time? Im guessing they will be simulcasting untill it is complete in order for the transition to go smoothly. Am i correct

Lee Durham,
Only frequencies in the 800 Motorola trunking ranges are affected due to rebanding. All other types, reprogram with new frequencies when known. Motorola 800 systems will likely need a Uniden upgrade, then reprogram accordingly.

pogbobo

I was just getting on here to post that I had heard the exact same announcement lol ... I heard it on Bedford Fire/EMS North during their pager test today ... they said "phase 2 of the rebanding process" was starting tomorrow (monday 3/24/08) and that all radios will need to be brought in to be reprogrammed ....

edit: i thought that only the higher 868'ish freqs were mandatory, and the lower ones (860'ish) were optional? is this correct? and if so I guess the powers that be just wanted to reband for fun ... anyone have any more info or insight?

-Matt

Drumbum

yes that is the same one i heard. Im just replying again because i changed my settings so when im subscribed to a thread I will get an E-mail for activity.. Im curious to hear more on this.

Lee Durham

pogbobo

Hey Lee, have you noticed any frequency changes on the Bedford Site?

I live too far away to get any of the CPD sites, but I'll be back in town this weekend again ...

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I noticed here that my city (Suffolk) has requested a waiver extension to 2010-12-31.

We have 860.4375 & 860.9375 to deal with and the request is Standard Waiver which means for those licensees or entities that already have completed Frequency Reconfiguration Agreements (FRAs) with Sprint Nextel – the Extension Date Requested is the date by which the filer expects to have completed their rebanding and be fully off their old frequencies and operating on their new frequencies.

Guess we will be replacing the two frequencies.

Drumbum

pogbobo said:
Hey Lee, have you noticed any frequency changes on the Bedford Site?

I live too far away to get any of the CPD sites, but I'll be back in town this weekend again ...

Hey,
No i have not checked for activity. So the shift will be 15 KHZ down? I should make a trunk system with everything shifted for bedford and try it. wonder if they are adding new trunk IDs while they are at it... If i can find a control channel I will see what is going on.. I have heard the state police helicopter testing before on the lynchburg repeater they were talking about range checking it and trying it in an emergency scenario but have never heard again.

Lee Durham

pogbobo

Lee,

the only affected freqs should be the ones above 860 Mhz (in our case) ... and the shift will be 15 Mhz down ... I think rofl ... but if they (CPD) filed for an extension I don't think we will see any tower changes for a wee bit ... but hey, I'm just pulling all this out of my, well, you know ...

-Matt

Drumbum

wonder how they are using the reprogrammed radios now then? they must be reburning them and then when they switch they will just flip to another set of "banks" for the new then slowly dumping them of the old "banks" after the switch . I know some of the older radios couldnt be reprogrammed from talking to a guy i know that works for Macom that is doing the change for CP I failed to ask him how it was going to be done.

pogbobo

that's my guess too ... that they are having both "sets" of freqs in the radios so that when the towers switch the users radios can just work automatically, and then later they will finalize the programming of the users radios ... all speculation of course, but if you get any inside info please let us know :cool:

-Matt

pogbobo

g1raymond said:
I have noticed 2 additional frequencies in the Bedford trunk.

care to share? :cool::eek:

I'm taking my arsenal of scanners and my laptops with unitrunker and bctool to log and whatnot this weekend :)

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I'll be there this weekend as well. I won't have a laptop to make significant changes, though.

pogbobo

I have tons of info from unitrunker to wade through ... I was just thinking about this the other day lol ... i know they haven't made the switch yet as far as i know, I'll be back in town in a week and I'll double check ...

but as of the end of March there weren't any new freqs that showed up in unitrunker ...

sorry it took me so long to reply, if anyone wants the unitrunker files just PM me and I'll gladly give them up rofl

-Matt

John

Premium Subscriber
Central Planning District - Stewartsville

It looks like the Stewartsville site has rebanded. I could pick up anything on the old control channel but after some looking around at the FCC site I came up with the following:

LCN

1 - 859.2375 no change
2 - 859.7125 no change
3 - 856.5375 previously 860.2375
4 - 857.5875 previously 860.7125

I know that 2 of these were also previously reported as new frequencies on the Bedford site. I haven't noticed any change on the Bedford site yet but I on the fringe of picking up either one of these sites.

John

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Unlikely those are rebanded freqs - they're ony 4 mhz down from the original (if they were rebanded, the difference would be 15 Mhz), and are not originally in the 866-869 mhz region. More likely you simply found a couple more channels for the site. If they aren't on the database, please submit them.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.