CFD Airport Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ambulance2014

Hello everybody I have the Uniden Home Patrol Got a upgraded Antenna and it receives clearly and strong Signal , but I never seem to hear Calgary Fire Department Airport Units at all, Nor do I ever get them on the Airport Tac Channel either. My friend in CFD says they get dispatched at least twice a day but have never herd any engine 13 on the Dispatch channels? Has anybody else been hearing them on dispatch or there Tac channel in the database?

A

Ambulance2014

In addition to this has anybody been hearing on the Calgary digital radio system Chestermere Fire a services lately or Cochrane Fire Department ? I haven't ever here any of these departments either, on the Rural Fire dispatch channel. Any help?

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Yes and Yes. Listen for Red 1 or another number for Airport fire on the Calgary Digital system. I do not know the station number of the airport fire station [? 13] but I'm sure it is listed somewhere on this thread. With an HP your should be able to hear all the ones you have questioned. I can even inside buildings with the stock antenna. I have also heard Cochrane Fire on the frequencies posted in the Database. I have heard Chestermere/Langdon Fire on the UHF frequencies listed in the Database. As always, check with what is programmed in your HP, or Favorites, etc.. There is activity on all these almost on a daily basis. You can hear Airport fire whenever there is a plane landing at YYC with some problem. This can be heard on the Airport frequencies as well. Off the top of my head, I am not sure if that frequency is one of the airport apron frequencies but the Airport Controllers will sometimes tell the pilot what frequency they can talk to Red on. I believe it is usually in the 123-125 frequency. It can be interesting to hear how Air Traffic Controllers handle a declared emergency or a non emergency aircraft situation. And when Red is called out, usually other stations are, as well as AHS EMS so can hear them attending as well. STARS is often placed on stand by as especially when a larger aircraft is involved.

Last edited:
A

Ambulance2014

Okay I will keep a ear out for them , Is chestermere Fire Services on the Calgary Digital Radio System? I haven't Herd Langdon yet or anything like that, Have you herd Tsuu Tina Fire Lately? On addition are there any Calgary Fire Department Voice Alerts Lately? On the Hp there is a channel for them but never have herd anything on that channel? But have here station voice alerts at the fire halls...

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I can't honestly say I have heard Chestermere/Langdon fire on Calgary Digital, just UHF but that doesn't mean it is not. I have heard Redwood, Cochrane and Airdrie on Calgary Digital. I did hear something very faintly on Tsuu Tina this past summer but it was so faint that I could not make out what was going on. As an aside because you had asked about Gleichen, I have heard dispatches on the 154.175 recently. As for the old Calgary Fire Dispatch UHF frequencies about all I hear recently is page out for man power for I believe Redwood fire and general announcements of people visiting fire halls and retirements. For further info on this see the following thread a couple of pages from this one Automated voice alerts for Calgary.

A

Ambulance2014

And with UHF On the Home Patrol I live in the southwest on Elbow Drive so I should be able to get Langdon and UHF Freqencies for chestermere ? When was the last you herd the Automated Voice Alerts for CFD on the UHF ?

A

Ambulance2014

Are these the UHF CFD voice alerts you hear ?

413.48750 VOO207 F CSQ V/A Spy Hill Voice Alerts - Spy Hill Tower FM Fire Dispatch
418.48750 VOO207 F CSQ V/A Rotary Voice Alerts - Rotary Park Tower FM Fire Dispatch

ahp309

I hear Chestermere Fire on the Calgary Digital Radio Fire rural channel.

Station 13 Airport ARFF units are always called Red 1, 2. etc. You will hear them on the CFD fire North group dispatch. Incidents are rated AC1, AC2, AC3 depending on the severity of the emergency. More serious incidents will have regular CFD fire trucks and AHS units stage at one of the access gates.

The second Airport fire station, #27, is going to be on the East side of the new runway around 80 ave. NE. Will have ARFF trucks to serve the airport as well as regular fire trucks for the commercial/residential areas.

The Airport Authority owns the buildings and the trucks. CFD supplies the manpower.

A

Ambulance2014

Okay that clears it up , what station Number is Chestermere ? And have you or anybody else been hearing CFD voice alerts at all lately ? I have the Talk group Channel Voice alert Channel and than the Standard UHF Channels but never hear anything on them.. Is just me or has nobody else herd voice alerts in a long time ?

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I hate to repeat myself but yes I have heard the UHF recently but not for alerts. Did you look at the thread I gave you for how voice alerts are now handle by CFD? [Automated voice alerts for Calgary is the thread which will explain everything]. And I hate to be a real pain, but the stations that can be heard on Calgary Digital are all shown in the Database under Calgary Digital. As well, the station numbers are shown for rural stations under the areas they are located. For example, under Database for Rockyview, it will list the station numbers [for those on Calgary Digital], location and frequencies.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Further, undern Calgary Digital Radio in the Database can be found the following info:

This system is in use by the public safety agencies in the City of Calgary plus the following:

Alberta Health Services Metro Operations
ENMAX (Calgary City electric utility)
Calgary Airport Authority (Terminal and maintenance crews)
Office of the Solicitor General (Alberta Sheriffs) - including bailiffs in the courts in Calgary, and patches to iDEN MiKE talkgroups for the patrollers.
Rocky View Fire Service
Bighorn Emergency Services (Fire/Rescue)
Redwood Meadows Emergency Services
Cochrane Fire EMS
Crossfield Fire Rescue
Airdrie Emergency Services
Chestermere Fire Rescue
Rocky View Protective Services (police/bylaw officers)
Okotoks Fire Rescue
Foothills Regional EMS

Some of the above agencies use the system for all communications, while some have it for interoperability with the other agencies on the system.

Conventional Frequencies in use are listed in the City of Calgary portion of the conventional database.

Status
Not open for further replies.